All Data Connections Go Dead

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by max pl, Jan 8, 2015.

1. max pl macrumors regular

Randomly, about every few days, all my data connections go dead when I unlock my iPhone 5S from sleep. Wifi, Cellular, doest matter. Nothing loads.

Cycling airplane mode doesn't work to get data working, and the only way to get them back is to turn the phone off and on.

This didn't used to happen pre iOS.
    I've tried both a network connection settings reset and a full reset of the phone via iTunes.

Is this a common problem thats being worked on? Anyone else experience this?
    Should I bring it to an Apple store to swap for a new phone?

Could it possibly be an app thats causing this?

2. I7guy macrumors G5

Are you on 8.1.2?

I just had a bit of a hiccup, first time since I installed 8.1.2. The 5S lost my password to my SSID. I had to turn off the phone and reboot my router and re-enter my password.

Can't say if it's hardware or software. Sounds like a software glitch. When you restored the phone as new, did you hold off installing all of your apps for a few days to see what happens?

3. eric3312 macrumors 6502

Please see the thread I created: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1826764

Many people are experiencing this issue.. It has to be a software bug as both my iPhone 6, and 5S are doing it. My wife's 5s is doing it too every couple days.

4. max pl thread starter macrumors regular

No I didn't. Phone is useless without certain apps.

This doesn't seem like a widespread issue though so I guess it likely is app related.

5. I7guy macrumors G5

The rumor mill is 8.1.3 is out shortly, hopefully it will resolve these last little glitches.