All default apple apps can multitask + Bigboss beta repo

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Blazing angel, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Blazing angel macrumors regular

I have been playing around after installing a beta from bigboss's beta repo that gets rid of recent apps, and only keeps backgrounder apps in the multitasking in bar. All the official apps work in he background (maps, app store, camera,etc.)
    After freeing memory with sbsettings, (once again beta that "free mem" is not glitched), these apps takes a lot less memory than they did before. Mobile music only uses approx 10-15mb now, a lot less than before. I could run maps, app store, music, and angry birds flawlessly. this was all on a regular 3g.

BTW: Bigboss beta repo: thebigboss.org/betarepo/

the music controls also work fine in the "double click multitask" menu, as does the rotation lock. the ipones' as zippy as ever

2. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

gonna give this a try now with my 3G that is jailbroken

Edit: Just installed it and works great! I didnt want all the APPS staying down there so i was wondering if there was a way around this. This way only certain APPS (stock) stay in there and i usually only keep Phone, SMS and Email in there as those are the heavy used ones and i want quick access to them.

Thanks!

You mentioned SBSettings where does one get that from? And it works with 4.0?

3. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

Nm found it its under the regular big boss Repo!! Wicked!

4. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

Is SBSettings working again? It worked on the GM, but seems to be busted on the release.

5. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

Well there is an update for it that came out apparantly today.

Its working fine here for me! Only issue i have it tends to crash when i try to set Shake Device and if i start scrolling through the list of options of what i can do on "Shake Device".

Other than that works great!

6. undergroundHACK macrumors regular

I JB'd my wife's phone so I can use it to test... 3G with iOS4. I can't get SBSettings to work. I added the bigboss beta repo too. Nothing on SBSettings. Any suggestions? Just wait it out?

7. Blazing angel thread starter macrumors regular

on the official ios, activator doesn't work:rolleyes::(

ALL OF U READ THIS THREAD:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=942266&highlight=

8. Blazing angel thread starter macrumors regular

sb is no longer a beta. Final is on the official repo

9. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

10. Blazing angel thread starter macrumors regular