All emails deleted. PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by yani2k8, Jan 30, 2009.

1. yani2k8 macrumors member

yani2k8

Hi everyone.

I normally use my Mac to manage my mobileme email account just by going on me.com. However, I decided to set up the account on my laptop as well using Excel 2007.

Once I did that, all my messages disappeared from my me.com account ("This folder has no messages") and only appear in Excel on my laptop. They also no longer appear in Mail.app.

Please help.

Thanks.

2. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Excel is a spreadsheet application. Do you mean Outlook?

Not sure if MobileMe Supports POP3 but if you setup POP3 Access it would have pulled all of you mail into the POP3 Email Client. When using a mail client you need to use IMAP so that the mail stays on the MobileMe Server. Depending on how you set it up you may be able to copy the back.

3. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Ya I've done that using mobileme on windows 7.

Go have a look inside your outlook folders. They are there.

4. yani2k8 thread starter macrumors member

yani2k8

Yeah, sorry. I meant Outlook.

I just selected all the messages in Outlook, copied them and then pasted them in a folder. I transferred the folder to my Mac.

So is there a way to copy them back onto my MobileMe account? I tried drag and drop but no worky.

Thanks.

5. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Do you have your email in the Inbox in Outlook under Personal Folders? If so, you need to stop using the MM POP Account and create a NEW Mail Account for MobileMe using IMAP pointing to mail.me.com and smtp.me.com. Now you will have 2 sets of Personal Folders in Outlook. You then need to move your mail from the older Inbox to the New IMAP Inbox which is a mirror of the MM Folders on the Web.