All everyone ever does is complain about the iphone. Stop bloody complaining

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sam3020, Sep 12, 2008.

1. sam3020 macrumors 6502a

sam3020

Hey,

All you read about in this forum is people ripping the **** out of the iphone. You all comment on how bad something is and never on how good something is.

The reason why you are not seeing features like turn by turn gps and cut and paste is because apple screwed up the first release of 2.0 and have been fixing all the bugs in it. And i am pleased to say that the wait has been worth it because I do not get any lag anymore. The iphone is one of the most advanced pieces of hardware that anyone has seen and also the software inside.

They are good at what they do but no one is perfect. I have had to replace my iphone twice but it is all fine now. They replace it with no question and are happy to help. Everything on the phone is great and they have perfected it all in 2.1. If you are still having issues with lag in 2.1 then try a full restore because it is performing like 1.1.4 did on my iPhone 2G.

Anyone else agree with me that this is an amazing piece of equipment or all you all just going to bitch about the iphone more. You dont see Microsoft coming out with anything decent like this do you?

2. jsquared macrumors 6502

jsquared

Complaining about complaining....

The irony is sickening.

This is a forum to help people figure out what is wrong with their iPhone. And it's much like taking a customer survey. You will usually only get the extremes of both sides. Either someone is completely dis-satisfied or someone is completely satisfied.

People that are in the middle are less inclined to post.

3. Chris Bangle macrumors 6502a

FINALLY, Someone who appreciates how amazing the iphone is. Ok, i also will admit that its not perfect, but 99% of the time it is, it looks amazing, does amazing things,

People just like to complain, just be thankful for what you have. :rolleyes: Im thankful that I dont have to use windows mobile anymore.

4. sibruk macrumors 6502a

Yes, it's true that people whine on and bitch about the iPhone about nothing in particular. But it's also true that there are plenty of valid complaints as well.

The iPhone isn't perfect. 2.1 has edged it a bit closer to perfection and if people hadn't been quite so vocal about the issues with 2.0, then maybe we wouldn't have seen 2.1 out so quickly.

5. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

What bothers me so much isn't what ELSE is on the market, it's the backward step Apple took in terms of stability from Firmware 1.1.4. I agree, everything else on the market sucks, but it's frustrating to once have an amazing OS on the phone and just have it go downhill with every firmware upgrade.

6. jsamuelson macrumors member

jsamuelson

If something doesn't work properly people should be heard, this is what forums are so perfect for. And only people who have a problem will tend to post here.

There is an awful lot of unnecessary whinging too though. Some people need to take a step back and do some deep breathing.

The iPhone isn't perfect but I have had no real problems and it's the best gadget I've ever owned in any category.

7. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

To the OP:

I was speaking with a friend who is also a member of MRs and he once said "The people on mac rumors would bitch if Jesus himself turned water into wine, 'I wanted white wine, not red.'"

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

If the iPhone gave people oral pleasures, we'd still get complaining.

9. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

The fact that Microsoft isn't coming out with a similar piece of equipment doesn't in any way imply that the iPhone is perfect or beyond criticism. Unless you regard Microsoft as the only company worthy of comparison, which I sort of doubt that you do.

It's important to point out what doesn't work, and this forum is pretty much centered around helping people who are experiencing problems (and yes, there are problems) with the iPhone. What do you want, a forum full of praise?
    Regardless of how good a product is, if I found a forum of fans worshiping it and nothing else I think I'd throw up in my mouth.

10. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

Way too much "teeth" on that feature, geez Apple, get this fixed already!!!11!!1!!111!!1!@!!11

11. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I nominate this for post of the day. I actually laughed out loud, then told it to my gf, and she laughed out loud as well.

12. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

And not just ANY white wine, it must be a pinot gris from New Zealand.

13. phantomsd macrumors 6502

phantomsd

I agree again... haha.

Just wanted to say that I'm sick of these MULTIPLE threads...

- "WHAT? NO MMS, COPY PASTE STILL!??! WTF APPLE!"
    - "2.2 FEATURE REQUESTS, Post them here!"
    - "Will we have NIKE+ for iPhone?"
    - "Who elses 3G doesn't work?"
    " "HELP! My 3G logo has no box, anyone else have this problem???"

Like beating a dead horse. GEEEZUS.

It would be such a breath of fresh air not to see so many COMPLAINTS and just talk about the iPhone. Macrumors, please make a COMPLAINTS only sub-forum :p

Damn complaint bandwagoners!

14. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Well if you're having New Zealand lamb, then a red Merlot would be better... :D

As for the complaining, well there are some legitimate gripes, but with the iPhone forum in particular I've noticed a large number of newbies exaggerating their problems with the phone resulting in a lot of negative feedback (kind of like this thread's title).

If people took the time to calmly report the problem, search around for solutions and kept their personal feelings/demands in check, the iPhone forums would be much better off.

15. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Pretty much. And?

1. Apple marketed this device as God's most precious gift to mankind.

2. Media pundits hyped it to no end.

3. Apple and its fanboi choir keep insisting that their impeccable stuff "just works" and that everything else is buggy, inferior garbage unworthy of anyone's attention.

4. The plans and contracts attached to the iPhone plus the price you pay for the phone itself, makes it one of the most expensive devices of its kind. And since it lacks many features that people take for granted on a high end phone (it's got a puny 2 megapixel toy camera with no flash, etc etc), what it does offer needs to be nothing less than spectacular.

That's why the iPhone is and always will be scrutinized down to the molecule, that's why users demand perfection. It's a perfectly natural reaction given factors 1-4.

16. dranakin macrumors 6502

Thankful? It's not like we were all given the iPhone. We've paid for a consumer product with a subscription service, so I don't think thankful is the appropriate word here.

17. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I like Pino Gris, but it ought to be from France....

18. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

When Safari crashes yet again its valid to complain.
    When my apps crash it's valid to complain.
    When the iPod software stops displaying a single song on the iPhone it's valid to complain.

Like it or not the iPhone has/had issues and places like this are where people discuss these issues.

What on earth is wrong with complaining? :confused:

19. mymacrumorse macrumors member

Hey guys I like my Iphone a lot ... BUt only thing that bothers me is that they created so much hype, advertisement and expectations and you go buy it with the thought that its an apple product and it kicks ass always. But later you realise that these bugs and stuff screw the iphone's capabilities and thats when you turn wild... Nokia has the biggest screw up when it come to firmware crashes and hangs but no one complains cos we know they are like that and they dont advertise a big deal like apple....

Its just pure expectations and failures to meet them makes these ppl cry about it...

Bottom line its a cool gadget and only apple can make this happen... But if they can shut up a bit and work on bringing out good products like they usually do... Everyone will be tremendously happy... Its just my opinion on this ...