All Facebook info missing from iPad app

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iaddict, Jun 21, 2013.

1. iaddict macrumors 6502

I am trying to help a relative. She swiped something when she had her Facebook app open and now all her contacts are gone and nothing shows up on her news feed. She called me for help and I have no clue how to fix this. I was going to tell her to delete the app and then reinstall it but I wanted to check here first to see if anyone knew how to fix this problem. Thanks for your help!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Swiping anything in Facebook isn't going to wipe Facebook. I'd uninstall and reinstall. All Facebook data is stored on Facebook and NSA servers.

3. iaddict thread starter macrumors 6502

Reinstalling didn't change anything. It still says " no stories to show" on newsfeed and all her contacts are still missing.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Has she tried the website itself? If you rule that it is just the app, hit that little thing on the upper left corner, click newsfeed, pull down on the feed and see the sort options. There is a small arrow pointing down that allows her to pick a list of people's post in the newsfeed. Make sure she as "all" checked.

5. iaddict thread starter macrumors 6502

Just checked her Facebook page on Internet- everything is gone! I really don't know what to tell her how to fix this!

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

7. iaddict thread starter macrumors 6502

Update: after spending much of the day trying to figure out what happened, I realized she has 2 email account and 2 Facebook accounts. I still don't know how she got rid of the information on the account she was using on her iPad and how the other one popped up, but its all fixed now. Thank you to everyone that tried to help me find a resolution! It wasn't so tricky after all!