Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
I went to Cydia and applied an update. 3 apps needed updating. I was hardly awake, so I don't know what was getting updated. Hit respiring. Fell asleep. Woke up this morning to ALL of my icons spread out.

I am not sure what to do? Start putting things back?

Everything seems to be intact as far as SBSettings, Shrink, etc.

I did recently try using 5 Icon or something, so I can only imagine it has something to do with this.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

shotts56

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2008
Scotland
I had that. No matter what I tried, I couldn't fix it so eventually had to restore and re-jailbreak.

I never did figure out what caused it. I don't use 5 Icon so it wasn't that, if that helps. Good luck.

Comment

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
I had that. No matter what I tried, I couldn't fix it so eventually had to restore and re-jailbreak.

I never did figure out what caused it. I don't use 5 Icon so it wasn't that, if that helps. Good luck.

Hmmm. Well, thanks for the reply. Strange that NOBODY else had this happen. Perhaps it has something to do with Cydia being down.

I did NOT have to restore/reJB, all I had to do is put everything back in folders. Things are better organize now, especially since I had just started using Five Icon, which I went ahead and continue to use. So, I have all of my folders much better consolidated.

Comment

Chief JB offica

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2011
Ipad dock missing, apps spread out

I rebooted my ipad and when all was done all my apps came out tiny and spread all over while the dock apps were missing.

This has happened before and I had no solution coz settings app was not even functioning so i ended doing the agonizing restore. Well, I found a solution, all you need to do is to restart springboard.

I didn't have SB settings so i couldn't just respring, i had to respring through SSH. So SSH your ipad through WSCP for windows or terminal for mac

Once you're in (press ctrl + T for Wscp to start terminal) follow these commands

To:........ code
Reboot = reboot
respring = killall SpringBoard (this is all i did to bring back apps layout)

safe mode = touch /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.saurik.mobilesubstrate.dat
killall SpringBoard

Power off = halt

thanks to Xela70 of ifans
good luck

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.