All folders disappear, icons now spread out????

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by lokerd, Apr 22, 2011.

1. lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

I went to Cydia and applied an update. 3 apps needed updating. I was hardly awake, so I don't know what was getting updated. Hit respiring. Fell asleep. Woke up this morning to ALL of my icons spread out.

I am not sure what to do? Start putting things back?

Everything seems to be intact as far as SBSettings, Shrink, etc.

I did recently try using 5 Icon or something, so I can only imagine it has something to do with this.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. shotts56 macrumors 6502

I had that. No matter what I tried, I couldn't fix it so eventually had to restore and re-jailbreak.

I never did figure out what caused it. I don't use 5 Icon so it wasn't that, if that helps. Good luck.

3. lokerd thread starter macrumors 6502a

lokerd

Hmmm. Well, thanks for the reply. Strange that NOBODY else had this happen. Perhaps it has something to do with Cydia being down.

I did NOT have to restore/reJB, all I had to do is put everything back in folders. Things are better organize now, especially since I had just started using Five Icon, which I went ahead and continue to use. So, I have all of my folders much better consolidated.

4. Chief JB offica macrumors newbie

Ipad dock missing, apps spread out

I rebooted my ipad and when all was done all my apps came out tiny and spread all over while the dock apps were missing.

This has happened before and I had no solution coz settings app was not even functioning so i ended doing the agonizing restore. Well, I found a solution, all you need to do is to restart springboard.

I didn't have SB settings so i couldn't just respring, i had to respring through SSH. So SSH your ipad through WSCP for windows or terminal for mac

Once you're in (press ctrl + T for Wscp to start terminal) follow these commands

To:........ code
    Reboot = reboot
    respring = killall SpringBoard (this is all i did to bring back apps layout)

safe mode = touch /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.saurik.mobilesubstrate.dat
    killall SpringBoard

Power off = halt

thanks to Xela70 of ifans
    good luck