All I wanna do is connect to any VPN.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by andrewwg94, Dec 31, 2009.

1. andrewwg94 macrumors member

i'm trying to connect to a vpn since the call of duty's server's don't let me play online on 3g because they check whether or not my ip address is on a cellular network. i already tried 3g unrestrictor. i tried using hotspot shield for iphone, but they're not giving out account id's.

i tried hosting my own vpn server at home (even though it would be slow as crap with my up speed of .25mpbs). i made a vpn server using xp. i put my computer in the dmz, opened up the vpn ports, but it doesn't work. even though my web server works just fine.

all i want to do is hide my 3g ip address from the iphone. someone said it worked for them, i just need the right settings. does anyone know of any working iphone vpn settings, or how to run a vpn server at home?

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

No thanks. AT&T's network is being slammed enough without you playing FPSs over it.

3. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

You Shouldn't Be Abusing AT&T 3G for FPS instead of making VPN's and all that go buy a Wireless Modem and play over your own Wifi