All Icons Gone after Installing Customise

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Barbariska, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Barbariska macrumors member

Barbariska

Need help from macrumors crowd. I have jailbroken 16gig Touch. I had bunch of different appls installed. Today I have installed "Customise" application that helped categorise icons by moving them to a different groups/folders. I've made 5 different folders and moved most application to an appropriate folder leaving Installer and Customise itself without any folders, but somehow after restarting IPOD i have only 2 icons on IPOD - "videos" and "photos". I tried to soft restart, it did not help. I know that I can completely restore my IPOD but really would not want to do it. My contacts and calendar already have so much staff in it. Please help if anybody knows how to return all my icons. THANKS!!!

2. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

3. Barbariska thread starter macrumors member

Barbariska

I am she :) I thought about SSH, but for this I have to know IP of my touch, and I do not know it :(

4. jkiske macrumors newbie

Wow I did the same thing about 5 minutes ago, but I was able to SSH into it and remove the program and replace my plist...But, I don't know of any other way to fix it besides completely restoring it.
    By the way, the name of the program is Categories, and I think it only works if you have one application not in a category (check out the guys website), but don't hold me to that.

5. hecks macrumors regular

Settings > WiFi > blue arrow next to your network > IP Address

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

did you even read the post? only two icons therefore she can't get into the settings.

7. Roxerroneous macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if this will help, as I haven't had the chance to try it myself, but you might want to try iBrickr. From what I've read it should give you enough functionality to move your icons into the correct folder. It's worth a shot.

edit: saw this post on MR pertaining to iBrickr and a step by step guide:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=386980

8. VToX macrumors member

The IP address to your iPod is just the IP address of your internet connection.
    Go to your computer and go to www.whatismyip.com
    that is yoru iPod's IP address.

9. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

My mistake on that one.

10. tony Ramirez macrumors member

same thing happend to me except i dont have any icons on my springboardd!!

11. hecks macrumors regular

No, for a home user that would be the IP address of the router, not the network address of the iPod behind the router that's needed to SSH to it (and I doubt port forwarding has been configured properly in this case).

To the OP: Sorry, I missed that your Settings icon is hidden as well. You can also work out your iPod IP address by logging into your router interface from a Mac/PC while the iPod is connected (assuming you have a basic home setup). It should be apparent from the router which devices are connected, and which IP addresses have been assigned to them by the DHCP. Trial and error should help you work out which is the iPod's. Once you've managed to log in via SSH, type:

cd /
    ./Applications/Customize.app/Customize

Assuming that both SSH and WiFi are enabled on your iPod of course. If they aren't, then restoring is really your only option.

12. Barbariska thread starter macrumors member

Barbariska

Update

I cannot use SSH because I do not have it installed on my IPOD. I tried to use Ibrick and it is not working, I understood I need terminal application installed on IPOD. Now i am looking for a similar application either on MAC or PC (I have both) that will allow me to open IPOD applications. I tried iFuntastic but it seems to work with iphone only. Anybody knows some similar application?

13. Roxerroneous macrumors newbie

If the only thing holding you back from a restore is your calendar and contacts, couldn't you perform one last sync before you restored and dump the information to your computer, then restore, jailbreak, and re-sync the original information?

14. Barbariska thread starter macrumors member

Barbariska

There are 2 things that are holding me from restoring - the first is - I want to fix it without restoring :D and second I do not want to lose the data. I will give it another day or two. I will post my success or failure. :cool:

15. Barbariska thread starter macrumors member

Barbariska

Update:

I restored my IPOD thru ITUNES, restore went OK, IPOD looks like just from the store, but.... it keeps restarting itself. I cannot even turn it off. I did another restore it did not help, it still keep restarting. Monday I will go to Apple Store and will try to exchange it. :(

16. Barbariska thread starter macrumors member

Barbariska

Ok, went to APPLE store today and got a new Touch. I will wait for FW 1.1.3 and maybe jailbreak later :D