All in one Jailbreak solution software concept [Possible?] Willing investor.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by raidons, Jan 11, 2012.

1. raidons macrumors newbie

I own a successful jailbreak site selling the usual guides etc to jailbreaking your iphone, ipod, ipad etc.

I am looking into the optons of getting a software developed that has a 1-2-3 step, plugin your phone, jailbreak/unlock auto process, remove iphone (jailbreak complete)

Is this a viable concept, can it be done?

I'm looking for some discussion on the feasibility, that may turn into making this a reality.

I am prepared to invest heavily (5 figures) to create a software that would work on both OS's to accomplish the task.

I hope this doesn't induce flaming etc, I'd like this to be an educational thread that would open up the options we have on this.

Thanks in advance!

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yeah, only if it was that easy and anyone here was capable as the All star dev team working on the current untethered 4S jailbreak.
    JB exploits are getting harder to come by with Apple tightening up security and unlocks are even harder.
    Its not as simple as someone come up with a 1 click program and I'll pay you.
    A group of the best iphone hackers in the world are working together on a solution for us and they're not bought or enticed by money. Donation after the fact and from those that want to donate is all they ask for. Most of them dont even do that, they do it on their own.

4. snowwhite007 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Why would anyone support your site when your selling something that is free? The devs will just laugh at you

5. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Not to mention that it is as easy as 1-2-3 to begin with. If you can press two buttons, being power and home(for DFU) you can jailbreak an iPhone. That's all there is to it. I love seeing all these guys advertising $25-$50 JB on Craigslist. The only requirement for actually being able to JB a iPhone is literacy. Good luck tho, if someone could get a site up and actually offer a solution that works as soon as a iOS update comes up I'll gladly donate or pay a small fee, however I don't ever see this happening. As applejuiced says they don't and likely won't do that- and that group of devs is likely your only real chance unless you want to hire several people on full time at a salaried position. At this point you would also have to offer benefits as well as pay that could top their current Job. I don't see 5 figures coming remotely close to covering the cost of this. Best bet is to offer more like 7-8 figures and if they are willing to do it for a price I'd say it would take this much. No one has appeared to be able to entice them with money since the original iPhone hence; I don't see it changing soon.

6. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

Have you ever jailbroken your iPhone? There are many flaws with your plan:

1. The software that dev team releases to jailbreak is as easy as 1-2-3 step...just like you have it visioned.

2. Why would people pay for something that is free to begin with?

3. And this is in your favor: you will never be able to re-coup your 5-figure!

7. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

You could start your own company, hire JB dev team members and then charge for the jailbreak. I know I would pay for a JB.

8. raidons thread starter macrumors newbie

Google Keyword Tool

See how many people there are looking for guides to unlocks etc. I capitalize on that. My sites are 5 figure monthly, that's the reason I'm here to see if I can go the next step :)

9. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

If that's the case then I'm all for this, however don't go asking insane prices for something or no one will buy the jailbreak.

If your site offers these types of solutions then why don't you throw us a link?

10. snowwhite007 macrumors 6502

I still think its bull selling other peoples work who have worked for FREE to release these tools for asses like you to make money

11. noiceT macrumors 6502a

Someone beat you to it, and in less steps too.

It's called www.jailbreakme.com

Whoever made that site must be a millionaire already!!

12. b0bab0i macrumors regular

Comex said he received $40k in donations when Jailbreakme 2.0 was released, and only $15k in dontations when Jailbreakme 3.0 was released.

13. snowwhite007 macrumors 6502

15k for a hobby is pretty awesome iff u ask me

14. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

The only problem with this that really the only carrier left who won't unlock their iPhones is AT&T. So I wouldn't pay for unlock anymore. I might, I just wouldn't pay a whole lot. Most of the unlocks are easy enough with ultrasnow. Verizon here in the states will unlock your iPhone for you as lOng as you have been a customer for 60 days and in good standing. Also, free! Easy enough. Explain your site a little more and maybe you could get some more help. If its such a great idea them you will have lucked up as there are a few in here that know several of the devs.

15. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

Not sure why everyone is giving the OP a hard time. If someone were getting paid to develop a jailbreak, maybe they would come out earlier?

And that is one reason why someone would pay for something that is currently free.

Or it might be more stable with more time to work on it.

Great idea. I would pay for a jailbreak that was out earlier or more stable.

16. labman macrumors 604

labman

been discussed a million times dev-team doesn't want to be on a payroll. 1st of all. Why would they work for somebody like the thread starter when they could just change over themselves and start charging.. also this guy is just using devteam tools and wants to repackage it like all those other sites out there that promise unlocks that aren't out yet. He had nothing to do with.. finding exploits but wants to take credit for there work and fatten his wallet.

17. raidons thread starter macrumors newbie

lol clueless ^

No links as I dont want to be branded as an advertiser, I dont need exposure, I am looking for a high end system development.

As to the original topic, if you do have connections, and a business mind (essential) Do get in touch

Thanks

18. labman macrumors 604

labman

LOl you have a ***** load of money to invest yet you don't know how or where to start and you are calling me clueless! :rolleyes:

19. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

Why did Wozniak need Jobs?

20. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

21. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

To the poster saying that you don't understand why ppl are giving him a hard time: what software(outside of something only apple might have) would the OP have that we wouldnt already have? Nothing. If his site is one of these "click here for iPhone 4S unlock and jailbreak" sites, why wouldn't the dev team just buy the software and update redsnow to have a working JB and unlock? Simple, bc there is no such software available to the public. I don't want to make Amy assumptions but I dare say that of OP is making 5 figures monthly then he is blatantly ripping a lot of ppl(dev team included) off. That may be why he is getting a hard time. Just a thought.

22. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

I'm not sure what you are saying? Sounds like he is wanting to develop software (pay people to develop) that would jail break your iPhone. If they developed that software, faster or better than the people making it now, it sounds like it would be a net benefit to the community. Developing software is not ripping anyone off AFAIK. Are the people currently making the jailbreaks the only ones capable of doing it for some reason?

To be honest, I can't say that I believe the OP, but it would be a nice thought if there were more people working on jail breaking/jailbreaking apps.

23. noiceT macrumors 6502a

I think it's just the demeanor that the OP conveys in his post:

"Oh yeah, and I'll throw 5-figures at you, because I can..."

This type of attitude doesn't really go over well. Especially since these are people (dev teams) who are volunteering their time for the greater good of the community. Working hours, days, weeks, months to provide a free service. And then someone like the OP comes in with the attitude of, "simple, 1-2-3 steps, easy, jailbreak done".

Basically you just sound like an a sshole when you try and post these types of things.