all-in-one, network printer/scanner/fax

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mavherzog, Jan 26, 2008.

1. mavherzog macrumors 6502

I'm looking for an all-in-one printer/scanner/copier/fax for my home office.

I need this device to be fully functional via the network (scanning and printing) from both OS X (leopard) and the nasty.

I do not need photo printing quality, but would prefer the ability to print in color on occassion (however, I would strongly consider B&W offerings as long as the other requisite funtionality is rock solid).

Anyone have a good recommendation that would meet my criteria?

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

There is what looks to be a great new Canon coming out in April. Don't have the model number, but it includes a fax machine and will even print photos beautifully. It was announced this past week, so you should easily be able to find it.

3. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I use the two-sided version of this, and only for The Nasty. My home Macs are only connected to a wireless HP print-only machine, but it is listed as compatible with OSX. I do have a couple of network-related issues with it but what it does seems to be quite good in comparison to what I had before (not a huge list of all-in-ones, and all of them riddled with various problems).

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...g&v1=Color&product_code=C8187A#ABA&catLevel=2

4. Naim135 macrumors member

HP Printing

Hi I have just got hold of a HP L7780 NW ready all in one device this supports both windows and OSX, Havent set the unit up yet I hope to do so in the near future I will update again with my findings.

Just some back ground I am an ex HP hardcopy engineer and have always used their print products with no real problems, I have also worked with other printers so can give a good indication of what is needed. When ever I am asked to recommend a print solution unless there is a specific printing requirement i.e. printing on CD/DVD (epson seem V good at this) I have always put my reputation behind HP and have never had a disapointed customer

Regards

Naim 135