All in One Printer for Mom

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by whyrichard, Aug 4, 2011.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Hey,

I got burned on an HP all in one that doesn't play well with OSX... so I need some advice here from those in the know...

I need a printer that
    -works with Lion
    -Copies from Flatbed without a computer
    -Scans and Prints from USB
    -Requires very little maintenance... (mom won't have to chance ink so often)

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

r.

2. johnthelionhate macrumors newbie

Lion and HP Printers don't compute

Recently, I was sold a brand new iMac and HP 3045 printer at my local Apple store. The friendly sales people implored me to upgrade immediately to OSX Lion, which I did, with their help, yesterday evening. Later at home I learned the new printer's driver is incompatible with Lion. I was initially incredulous, but the Apple store confirmed that to be true this morning and offered to reinstall the Snow Leopard system that my Mac came with. This is our first foray into Apple computing. After all the good things we had heard from our friends who are Apple lovers, we are surprised and very disappointed.

Should we kill the Lion and give a second chance to the Leopard?

JohntheLionHater

3. franmatt80 macrumors 6502a

I have two HP printers working perfectly with Lion (both also worked with SL). They tick all of these boxes:

-works with Lion
    -Copies from Flatbed without a computer
    -Scans and Prints from USB
    -Requires very little maintenance... (mom won't have to chance ink so often)

HP photosmart C4180 all in one
    HP Officejet 4500 Desktop