All-in-one Printer for my mac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by crazycat, May 24, 2008.

1. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

What is a good brand that sells an all-in-one printer,scanner.copier that will work well with my mac? I print mostly but sometimes find the need to scan and copy things, printing on cd is not that important but would be a plus.

Thanks.

2. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

Go for a cannon they seem to have the most support for osx + good inks

h.p. seems to be slow at fixing driver issues surrounding any osx problems. I also think their low end $99 to $140 range printers, are of very poor quality.

Epson, Well my last epson was the worst printer I ever owned. 6 individual inks cartridges. Great color accuracy, but if even one ink color was emptey, or even close to low. The printer would not allow any printing even in black. It would not even allow me to scan. epson bastards.:mad:

3. Babooshka macrumors 6502

Babooshka

My HP PSC1200 series works fantastic on my Mac. And my HP drivers work perfectly, but the PSC1200 isnt on sale anymore.

4. Pili macrumors regular

I have a Canon Pixma MP610 and its the best printer i've ever owned. Prints great photos, fast blacks, scans well through adobe products (the canon software is slow but it does work) and it looks good too. The only downside is the ink is pricey although the black lasts quite a while.

5. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

how about one on which you can use the scan/copy functions while hooked up to an airport extreme/express? I've heard that some Brother units can do that... anyone confirm? Any other suggestions?

6. jywv8 macrumors 6502

I've owned a variety of Epson, HP, and Canon printers. Never had any compatability problems with any of them. But...

- Epson: constantly having to clear nozzles. Never owned an all-in-one.

- HP: constant paper jams. Low-end all-in-one suffered constant paper jams and scanner quality was terrible, even for a non-pro like me.

- Canon: I currently have a i9900 photo printer. Never owned an all-in-one. But if I were in the market for one, I would definitely get a Canon.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I have a Canon imageCLASS MF6530; it's not color though, but it works as a printer; and no I've never used it as a printer; I have Xerox 6350DP for that and a Canon i9900 for the photos.

8. Petey07 macrumors member

I am the same ship with the OP, I am probably getting a printer since apple has their 100 dollar rebate if I buy a MBP which i am planning to, I see Cannon has some good printer with fax/copier/scanner/printer and whstever it has, Any recommendation?