All-In-One Printer Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jazper, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Jazper macrumors 6502a

Hey,

I'm looking to buy an all-in-one printer, all I honestly need from it is high quality prints with a scanner and copier.

I also need a wireless connection which I will connect using ethernet. I don't mind buying 3rd party inks either - as long there from a trusted brand.

Before I had a Canon PIXMA MG6250, which I sent back as it took ages to print and just worked badly, I had a lot of connection problems - even when using a cable. I've been looking at Epson and HP branded printers and I like the look of the HP 6500A Plus and the Epson WorkForce WF-3540 - but I'm not sure about the print quality of these printers.

I'd preferably like to buy from Amazon UK, but I don't mind buying from eBay as long as it's brand new as I'll buy the Squaretrade warranty with it (my previous experiences with printers haven't gone so well!).

Anyway I hope you guys can give me some recommendations. Thanks! :)

2. LaunchpadBS macrumors 6502a

HP Photosmart 5520 I bought recently would tick all the boxes for you but it's up to you, you can go one up and get auto copying and other features but that's entirely up to you.

3. wickedpapercut macrumors member

wickedpapercut

In general, I'm a fan of Canon and Brother printers and peripherals. The cost of supplies seem to be more affordable than some other brands (my opinion, not necessarily fact).

However, I've given up on the all-in-one boxes after several costly failures. All seem to stop working when they run out of ink regardless of the fact that all you want to use is the scanner or the fax capability. The repeated print-head cleaning seems to use more of the ink than my printing.

I've had two instances where the all-in-one units failed very early. I've now gone with two printers (a Brother laser for B/W and a Canon ink-jet for color) and a separate Canon scanner. No issues so far.

Good luck in your search.

4. williemyers macrumors newbie

I picked up an Epson Artisan 835 last year and have been *really* happy with it. Not only does it do all of the things you'd expect from an all-in-one, but it does a great job with disc (CD/DVD) printing, as well. I don't often have to print discs these days, but when I do, it's a great feature to have.

5. RUGERMAN macrumors regular

all in one?

I've had two instances where the all-in-one units failed very early. I've now gone with two printers (a Brother laser for B/W and a Canon ink-jet for color) and a separate Canon scanner. No issues so far.

Good luck in your search.[/QUOTE]

I got a free Epson with my MBP a couple of years ago, $100 with a $100 rebate, that works well. I don't print much with it and use it for scanning most of the time. For printing I have a brother B/W laser.

6. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

HP is a good brand for All In Ones. I have the HP Photosmart 7280 All In One and it has been a great printer. Normally I would change printers every couple of years but this HP has been so good that I kept it in my arsenal of printers. It also does some of the best photo prints I have ever seen. All HP's come with a compliment of software for easy operation.

7. Soccer5se macrumors member

Soccer5se

I just picked up the HP 8600 E. Great all in one! Easy to setup and the quality is great!

8. designs216 macrumors 65816

designs216

I use the HP Officejet Pro 8600e also. The interesting thing about inkjets is that from a pure fiscal perspective, it's cheaper to buy a new printer than replace all the cartridges. Last year, using ConsumerReports as a guide, I picked this a model because it had all the features I wanted plus one of the lowest per print costs.

9. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

It depends on what you want to print. If you want the utmost quality for something that involves color, you need a photo printer like the Epson Expression XP-850.
    [​IMG]

It also has the Ethernet port you wanted, and WiFi.

10. Jazper thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think I'm going to go with this as the print quality looks much better compared to the printers I recommended which was due to them being office printers...

Thanks for all your recommendations though, very helpful.

11. Augustine864 macrumors regular

I have fallen in love with my HP all-in-one since 2005. In that time my parents have had 4-5 craptastic Dell printers. I don't know why they keep buying them. I'd definitely buy HP in the future and recommend it to anyone.

12. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

You will enjoy the HP. They are good reliable machines. Do a pretty good job on photo prints as well.