All-In-One Printer

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by drewel, Jun 23, 2007.

1. drewel macrumors member

drewel

I am looking for a solution to send faxes- without a phone line. My 1st question is, which under $200 printer/scanner would people in MR recommend (Mac-compatible of course)? I am not that interested in printing photos, but I do want something that can scan well and print documents OK.

2.) Is there a way to send faxes through email to a fax number, without a phone line? I am buying a new home and I am planning on cable internet and using a VOIP- thus, no phone line.

2. seabass069 macrumors regular

You still have a phone line when using VOIP. I have been with Comcast for year with there phone service. They attach a phone line to the cable modem which is then plugged into your regular phone jacks. Basically they disconnect the phone line that comes into your house. They use the cable modem that acts as the main source for your phone. You do need a phone jack near your cable modem. When I need to fax something, I just unplug my phone and plug the fax machine in. When I am done faxing, I plug my phone back in.

3. drewel thread starter macrumors member

drewel

Actually, I am using Skype- which is totally Internet based, and no phone line is needed.