all-in-one printers

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Rotary8, May 8, 2009.

1. Rotary8 macrumors regular

Can someone recommend a good all in one printer that'll work with macs and PCs over wifi? Print quality and reliability being major factors as well.

Thanks,

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Most consumer all in one are cheap for a reason: they do nothing well.

If you want a printer get a printer. For B&W get laser printer.
    For color depends on what you do.

3. Rotary8 thread starter macrumors regular

I don't care what it is, all in one, printer only, just need something with network capabilities. Preferably wifi that'll work well with both mac and pc.

4. Kwill macrumors 68000

Kwill

Check out the Canon Pixma MX860. I have the MX850 but the newest one includes WiFi.

5. diemos macrumors 6502

6. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

I can recommend the HP Photosmart c8180.

Has served me well. Has lots of good features, good scanning, good photo printing, edge-to-edge printing, and as you requested, network & wifi access as well as the usual USB 2.0.

Let us know which one you choose :)

7. wongulous macrumors 6502a

I recommend the buying advice forum, since this indicates nothing to do with design or graphics. :(

8. Rotary8 thread starter macrumors regular

oh yeah forgot to add that I'll be using it to print portfolios and such, as well as other stuff =)

So there's relation to this forum.

9. giantsquid macrumors newbie

What NOT to Buy

Hi. Just wanted to warn you about HP products. I'm an artist and need quality printing. I have an HP LaserJet 1320nw for B&W and a 2550Ln for color.

They have been very unreliable, occasionally printing nonsense characters from within Photoshop and Acrobat. Another probelm that pops up is the printing of ALL the paper in the printers for just one file. I have to piull the plug, and restart the printer to correct this.

The solutions offered on the HP website didn't work for me. I have had to reinstall the drivers to get things back to normal. HP tech support was a joke, they referred me to the website for solutions, which as I said before didn't work.

HP blames Adobe for the issues, but then why do my fellow artists with OTHER printers not have any problems?

10. mwchris macrumors regular

Depending on how much printing you will be needing to do, I would recommend taking it to a print shop to print your portfolios.

If you need something to do your day to day printing, as other has mentioned I would highly recommend for B&W a laser printer. I have had good luck with samsung and canon that both worked across platform and over a network in various configurations.

If you aren't going to print alot inkjet would be ok, and in that case I have had great success with the Brother All in one Units. I am able to scan, and print wirelessly no problems. However, I do not feel the color reproduction of my brother inkjet is portfolio quality (it is 3 years old).

If you want true color reproduction I would recommend a canon or epson. However, I have no experience with the epson used strictly for a Mac.

11. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

HP = Fail :mad:

I've had nothing but issues with HP printers, from my 2710 All in One to my HP Color laser at work.

Steer Clear!

12. baditkoff macrumors member

I have the Epson workforce 600. i use it with my PC desktop, PC laptop & this MBP. I have the printer now for 6 months and the current configuration for about three weeks. It has been 100% reliable and very good on ink.

13. n0d3 macrumors regular

Which one of these actually lets you check ink levels in OS X? I know my Canon one doesn't.

14. peepboon macrumors 6502

peepboon

I usually buy HP All in ones, never had any problems :D

15. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

I can recommend Canon printers. I have an all-in-one Canon pixma and I can print from any computer in my house, both PC and Mac. I have it connected to my Airport express and it works great.