All-in-one speaker recommendations

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kylera, Jun 2, 2011.

1. kylera macrumors 65816

kylera

My old set is starting to die out on me, and I'm looking for a new one. This time, I'd like something that is all in one, due to space factors, and some models I looked at were the following:

Altec Lansing inMotion Mix

JBL Radial (not the Micro one)

XtremeMac Tango TRX

Soundfreaq SFQ-01

I primarily like to listen to rock and dance music, with some soft stuff every now and then. Which of these would suit me? Or is there another one on the list that I'm forgetting? Budget-wise, I'm willing to go as high as the inMotion, as it costs 400 bucks (in Korea).

2. RubbishBBspeed macrumors regular

If you can get one of the previous models for your price then go with a Bowers and Wilkins Zeppelin. For the short term avoid the Zeppelin air. the main structure of the air seems to be made of plastic not metal, reviewers are writing that the speakers are of not as high quality and the air play function drops out a lot of the time and the quality reproduced isn't what it should be. From experience though I can't recommend highly enough the original zeppelin. even to the point of wanting a second older model myself.

3. WickedStealthy macrumors member

Problems with Airplay is it really the device or the NW which people are running ??? I have seen lots of wireless NW which are build to have problems.
    I only use 2 AP set with limited power and having different frequencies. They are hooked up in my wired gig nw. This to avoid sharing a wireless NW between too many devices. Only mobile devices are using the wireless nw others are connected. Also I haven't seen any prioritisation in my airport expresses. So if you have multiple devices connecting on the same freq it's best effort. So streaming will suffer ....

4. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

I've got the Bose setup with two tiny desktop speakers and a big subwoofer under the desk... have had it for years and been very happy with it.