All Information about new MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ftbps, Oct 20, 2008.

1. ftbps macrumors member

Hello All,

I keep reading lots of complains about the new MBP. Some seem to be not happy with the glass screen, some have speaker problem, some have dust problem, some have freezing problem, some have noise problem…and so on.

After reading these forums, no one will dare to spend so much money on the new MBP. My new MBP 2.53 std option is supposed to be in my hand tomorrow. But I would like to see happy costumers. Because I am started to feel that I should not even open the box and just return it.

Will all of you who are new MBP owners, do me a favor. Can you please provide your reviews? I need to get following questions answered. If you can answer this point-wise, everyone reading this forum will be pleased and will be able to make right decisions.

I am sure that this will turn out to be the best in the forum for good MBP information. Please do not make it a discussions forum. Only write if you want to express your views point-wise and help all of us in making good decisions. Everybody’s help is highly appreciated.

1. Are you happy with the Glass screen? Are you just compromising because you have it now, or it is really good? Please provide some thoughts.
    2. Are there any issues that can be related to specific REV A build?
    3. How is the overall heat? If you have any comparison with the earlier 2008 MBP, please provide.
    4. Is the 15.4 in screen loose at hinges or its perfectly normal?
    5. Does XP get perfectly installed with all drivers on boot camp?
    6. How is the superdrive? Does it vibrate?
    7. How is the fan noise? Does the fan vibrate if you move the notebook?
    8. How does Airport N work?
    9. How satisfier are you on the basis of 1 to 10. And what is the one reason for this answer.

Thanks,
    BPN

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Please search the forums. There are literally dozens of threads on this topic, with feedback and reviews from new MBP owners. There's absolutely no reason to start a new repetitive thread on this! Why ask them to provide you with their reviews, when they've done that already, but you just haven't read them?