Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Squillace

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2016
Switzerland
Yes, it’s a fine detail that improves the experience, but I just don’t know why Apple bothered putting it on the 14.

They should have saved the cost of parts and kept it 14pro exclusive since it’s not really something they are marketing to sell the regular 14 with.

The 14 shopper just is not going to care about this unknown hardware feature and only think to themselves “Pro phone is better and only $200 more. I get that”.
Believe me, he will not care about or even know about it, but he will unconsciously enjoy it. That's how providing a nice experience works.

Brands do that. For example, car manufacturers spend time looking for the right sound the buttons make when you press them or when you spin a control wheel. Also the feeling under your finger when you press the button or turn the wheel is elaborated. Those things are not random. The user may not notice it, but it contributes to the experience. A more harsh or louder sound when pressing the bouton or a control wheel that offers too much resistance when you spin it could be less pleasing. Even if not consciously.

So, you have your answer. Everything isn't just about full profit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.