All iPhone 4 cases compatible with AT&T and Verizon from Apple Store, Really?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jeff_siler, Feb 2, 2011.

1. jeff_siler macrumors 6502

Copied from the apple store. How can all the cases on the site be compatible with the vibrate switch difference from the Verizon and AT&T version?

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

The recent cases are designed to accomodate for both

3. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

probably not all of them.. most of them however have open cutouts for the side buttons, so it shouldn't cause issues

4. jeff_siler thread starter macrumors 6502

Not all of them do. Many on the site show a small opening for the mute switch.

5. jeff_siler thread starter macrumors 6502

I really want the pixelskin HD from speck. I just don't want to pay $30 + shipping and find that it doesn't.

6. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

shipping is free from the speck website. The case is even cheaper on amazon

7. trizzil macrumors regular

trizzil

i think most pictures are not updated to show the current design to fit both..

8. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

9. jmchicago macrumors member

sent you a PM

10. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

i dont see why they would put that up there if it wasnt true, they might not have added a few new pics but they prolly will be shipping the correct models from the online store, i did notice they took down a few cases from there store.

11. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

Except how would they know which model you have when you order it. I wouldn't take a chance with the PS HD, Speck added a Verizon iPhone Section, but all they have in there is the fitted.

12. JSK1121 macrumors member

I would just order directly from the case manufacturers. I know Incipio will have VZW compatible cases by next week, and I can't imagine the rest wouldn't do the same. Just wait it out a little. Besides, your phone won't be there until next Thursday or Friday anyway.

13. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

what are the odds that apple knows that speck is coming out with the compatible version and its just not on speck site yet, either way i would wait till you know for sure, and to be honest the pixel skin hd isnt that great of a case get the see thru satin when it comes out.

14. obyte macrumors regular

of course they have new cases on the way

15. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

In regards to Speck (my current favorite case manufacturer) I would assume Apple does know. The Candyshells for both iPhone 4 and the iPad were Apple exclusives (AT&T apparently counted as part of that deal too). The were only available upon initial release on the Apple site, at the Apple store, and the Black was available at AT&T retail locations. They didn't hit other places until a month later and even then they were in limited supply.

Also the Fitted was the first iPhone 4 case I saw in an Apple store besides Apple's own Bumper so I would assume with a few manufacturers there are relationships there for relaesing of products. There obviously is the basic one of distributing specs so the cases can be made in the first place.

Also the Pixel Skin HD is a great case but I prefer the Candyshell (yes, even with the scratching). I'm curious though, if there will be a redesign for a universal version or if there will be 2 seperate versions like in the case of the Fitted.

16. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

Not exactly, look at the product overview. First line says that it fits both

http://www.speckproducts.com/iphone...iphone-4-cover-lavender-argyle-universal.html

17. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

I saw that but there are still 2 versions of it.

I am curious if they will take that route with every case (continue to offer 2 seperate versions) or if they will make the universal cases and then discontinue the AT&T specific versions.

This interests me since I have zero interest in the Verizon versions as they currently have bigger cutouts for that version. I like the smaller cutouts for better protection and to keep crap out and away from my phone.

I requested a couple extra Candyshells from my POC to keep a couple on tap in case they screw with the design. The Camera cutout on the Universal Fitted looks to be too big for my tastes. I hope that doesn't translate to their other cases.