All Macbook pro users please read

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djrobsd, Jul 2, 2011.

1. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

I recently got a OCZ Agility 3 SSD for my 2011 15" Macbook pro and it's amazing... So amazing that when work expects me to run PC based software to get my job done, I don't have a problem any more because Parallels Desktop launches windows apps in a snap.. I love it.. 2 weeks now and not a single issue with the SSD.....

However, I wanted to point out something very important.. It's easy for people to point their fingers at their newly installed SSD or whatever else might be going on... When it could actually be some other issue with your system.

Last night my web browsers ground to a halt and I was having a ton of issues accessing the internet. Today, I noticed that my fans were running full speed even though I was doing nothing.

So I fired up activity monitor, and "dock" was reporting 100% CPU. So, I did a little google, and found that I needed to delete com.apple.finder.plist and com.apple.dock.plist. After doing so, I logged off and back on and immediately my system returned back to its normal amazing performance.

I'm not sure what happened to my finder or my dock, but what I can say is it's so easy to point your fingers when you're having computer problems. Instead, stop... Take a deep breath.. And use Google and actually take some time to try and sort the problem out rather then blaming your new SSD drive, or your new 2011 model (when you didn't have any problems with your previous model). LOL

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios