all MBP orders now would include the SR chip, right?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mdwsta4, Jul 30, 2007.

1. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

really planned on holding off until Christmas to upgrade my weary ibook, but with the student discounts and switching strictly to an online class format, i think i'll break down and buy a new MBP now and just pay to upgrade when leopard comes out. just want to double check that if i placed an order now it would include the santa rosa chip.
    also, does anyone know if student discounts are applicable to the purchase of leopard when it's released?
    lastly, since i already have two ipods and an iphone, i have no use for a nano. would silver be the safest color to get to sell? figure $150 would be a reasonable price. thoughts?

thanks all!

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

1. A new MacBook Pro from Apple will be Santa Rosa.

2. Leopard is $69 for students.

3. Color is entirely based on the person.

3. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

yes they all come with sr chips

yes you can get a discount on lepord

I think that the best color to sell is the red one and you should be able to get around 175

4. mdwsta4 thread starter macrumors 65816

nice! thanks.

follow up question i suppose... how much do you think i could expect to sell my G4 ibook for? at the time it was loaded; 60gb hard drive, CDRW/DVD-rom, bluetooth, 14", OSX 10.4, etc, etc. perfect condition, but is missing one rubber 'foot' on the bottom. original box and packaging is still around. battery lasts about an hour.
    that was my first computer and i've never sold one before so figured it would be worth asking before i sell it for too little or ask too much.

5. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

CPU?

6. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

We would need to know the processor speed but generally ibooks don't go for too much

7. booksacool1 macrumors 6502

It depends on which iBook it is. All 14" G4 iBooks, except for the 933mhz one, came with 60gb HDD's and the option of bluetooth, so I'm not sure which one your talking about. Is it 1ghz, 1.2ghz, 1.33ghz or 1.42ghz?

8. fuzzynavo macrumors regular

i just successfully sold a new silver nano on ebay for $180 + shipping. there are so many bidders for ipods on ebay i think any color will sell easily.