All MBP SSD Upgradee's

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by h1r0ll3r, Aug 20, 2010.

1. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

For those of you who have upgraded your hard drives to SSD's, was this something you did right off the bat, did you wait awhile prior to swapping out HD's or what?

I currently have the stock 500GB 7200rpm drive in mine which is fine. I'd like to eventually upgrade to a SSD of similar size assuming the prices for these thing drop within the next year or so.

So, just out of curiosity, how long before you decided to swap out hard drives for your SSD?

2. pandamonia macrumors 6502a

i have a corsair force 240GB on its way and my MBP will arrive 5 days later!

3. Covart Guest

Upgraded about a month after I got my MBP. But for a 500GB SSD :eek: I doubt you'd still pay less than $700 even a year from now.

4. pandamonia macrumors 6502a

500GB one?

i wouldnt have touched anything in a mac other than a Sandforce Controlled SSD.

5. nightfly13 macrumors 6502a

nightfly13

I added mine in the optical drive bay over a year ago when I got my MBP. Comparing it to my old MBP (first gen Intel) the stock HDD was already significantly faster, then the SSD (which I installed 1-2 days later) was faster again by about the same margin, both speed boosts felt like 30% if I had to put a number to it.

I went cheap with a 30GB Vertex for OS X and apps, my media files (and big apps like SC2) reside on the 320 stock drive. Cheap and great performance.

6. kasakka macrumors 68000

I waited involuntarily, due to a shortage of Intel X25-M G2s at the time. Now I'm waiting for the next gen Intels so I can cram one into my desktop as well.