Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Has anyone else had any problems restoring from an iCloud backup that was made from an 6s or 6s Plus? When I receive my 6s Plus on launch day, I restored it from a backup made from my old 6 Plus. A week later, I swapped the 6s Plus for a 6s and tried to restore it from a backup made with the 6s Plus. Everything transferred over except my conversations in the Messages app, both iMessage and SMS threads. Also my conversations in KIK, but they were less important to me. I tried repeating the restore a couple of times but was never successful. Eventually, I restored from the week old backup made from the 6 Plus and the conversations from up to that point were there.

Several other people on Reddit have mentioned a similar problem. It seems to exist when restoring from an iCloud backup made from a 6s or 6s Plus, and restored back to a 6s or Plus. Has anyone else experienced this, or been successful?

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
I've experienced it and started a thread a few days ago. A few other people replied and said had the same issue.

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I've experienced it and started a thread a few days ago. A few other people replied and said had the same issue.
I did a search but didn't see it. Sorry for the redundant thread.

Edit:
Ok, I found your thread in the iOS 9 forum. Good to know I'm not the only one with the issue.

Last edited:

Anand953

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2015
i have different kind of problem.. I opted for the restore from my old iPhone 3gs while setting up.. Now after the setup the phone refuses to go to the home page.. Its stuck in a white appearance with the slider saying "Slide to upgrade".. but it refuses to act when I slide through it.. Annoying..

I tried restarting several times but it gets stuck at the same place..

Can anyone help me on the above issue??

pipa

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
Bitcoin City
I have been backing up since day one with Icloud and through every iphone that came out I never had a pronlem until upgrading from my iphone 6 to 6splus. I had to do a complete fresh install. Apple seemed to drop the ball on this one

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
i have different kind of problem.. I opted for the restore from my old iPhone 3gs while setting up.. Now after the setup the phone refuses to go to the home page.. Its stuck in a white appearance with the slider saying "Slide to upgrade".. but it refuses to act when I slide through it.. Annoying..

I tried restarting several times but it gets stuck at the same place..

Can anyone help me on the above issue??
This is a known issue. Not sure how to solve but if you google I'm sure you'll be able to find a resolution.

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
I have been backing up since day one with Icloud and through every iphone that came out I never had a pronlem until upgrading from my iphone 6 to 6splus. I had to do a complete fresh install. Apple seemed to drop the ball on this one
Same here. Never had an issue until this round of backup/restore

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.