All Mouse Rollovers Dead?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iindigo, Jan 19, 2008.

1. iindigo macrumors 6502a

iindigo

I seem to be having a problem that has been posted a couple times before on these forums without solution. The problem is that for whatever reason, all the mouseovers in the OS (titlebar buttons, dock labels, and menu items) are completely dead and unresponsive to mouse movement unless I click on them!

Also, whenever I start a program, instead of coming to the front it just sits behind all other windows, and starting a screensaver or expose via throwing my cursor into the corner doesn't work.

My computer:

2Ghz 20" iMac G5
    2GB RAM
    Logitech MX1000 Mouse (if it matters, doubt it does)
    Two-month-old Leopard 10.5.1 fresh install

What's strange about this is the fact that I had this happen in the past on Tiger a year or so ago and after a few reboots it just seemed to fix itself, not rearing its ugly head again until now...

EDIT: Oh yes, almost forgot to mention... I've already tried the usuals (zapping the PRAM, checking permissions, etc.) to no avail.

2. iindigo thread starter macrumors 6502a

iindigo

o_O

Ok, it just randomly fixed itself... let's see how long it lasts...

3. trobryan macrumors newbie

hopefully someone reads this...

the EXACT same thing happened to me just this evening.

I'm not experiencing the problem with programs sitting underneath other windows, but everything else is true. Oddly enough, my configuration is nearly identical:

20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz
    2GB RAM
    Logitech MX1000 Mouse
    Leopard installed from day 1 (10.5.1)

bump? anyone else see a problem?

4. iindigo thread starter macrumors 6502a

iindigo

After further investigation, I found that the problem is caused by the MX1000 mouse and can be fixed by unplugging and replugging the mouse base. Weird, I know, but that's how it is...

5. alephx01 macrumors newbie

Same problem, same fix

Just to add some corroborating evidence: I have an 8-core Mac Pro, and also have an MX1000. I was having the same problem. Unplugging the mouse cord and plugging it back in fixed the problem.