All movie chapters missing on new iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Cinematographer, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Did anybody run into the same problem with the new iPad? Mine doesn't show any chapters at all in the video app. The same files show the movie chapters in iTunes on the mac and on the iPhone as well. But on the iPad it's just: chapter 1, chapter 2 etc.

Since I rely heavily on the feature, I'd appreciate any helpful suggestions.

2. Cinematographer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Maybe I should add that I did convert the movie files with Handbrake.

3. macjammin macrumors newbie

It's IOS, Not The Device

The last IOS update took away chapter title support, and the IOS that came 2 or more updates ago took away audio title support. The folks at Apple are becoming more like the folks at Microsoft these days: push the money making features like icloud and adding "Store" buttons in the navigation while the features that made their interface useful and even elegant are forgotten.

4. Cinematographer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Thx for the information. I did not know that. It's bad news. Chapters are a essential feature, in my opinion. :mad:

5. eifelbernd macrumors newbie

chapter names on iPad

This is an unfortunate oversight from Apple/iOs. Annoying, after having titled some 30 chapters in FInal Cut Pro, exported them to iDVD intact, having them all show up in the same .m4v clip (exported from Compressor) in iTunes but reset to chapter 1 ... 2 etc. on the iPad. Also, on the iPad the thumbnails to the left of the "Chapter ..." titles are all black ...

It is true -- this is not what you would expect from Apple

6. brand macrumors 601

brand

It may not have been an oversight on Apple's part and could have been completely intentional.

7. Cinematographer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

What intention could that be? Besides breaking a completely useful feature. And what's next? Getting rid of the audio track in every video file? :mad: