All music gone

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by conkerbot, Mar 17, 2012.

1. conkerbot macrumors member

Hi,

Well a day after I updated my iPhone to 5.1, I noticed some of my music was gone (except the stuff I purchased from iTunes) - I put it down to upgrading bugs and just redownloaded the stuff I wanted.

However, last night, my iPad just decided to do the same thing. However, since it had been restored from a backup, no songs were purchased on it so all songs were gone. But under Usage in Settings, it still lists that 3.5GB of music exists on the iPad. I use iTunes Match, so I disabled that and killed then restarted the Music app to no effect. I have also restarted the iPad to no avail.

I am loathe to wipe my devices, but I want the space free to put the songs back on. So is there any solution to this, or at least any way to prevent songs being wiped from iOS 5.1 devices? (sorry if wrong section, seemed most appropriate as it happened on multiple devices).

2. mccad macrumors newbie

Same thing happened to me.

My iPhone 4 did exactly the same thing after updating to 5.1. I tried re-syncing a couple of times but didn't change things.
    I then powered down phone and re-started and all music was back and playing as normal.
    Don't know why but it worked.