All my app icons are mixed up

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nojokews6, Jun 29, 2009.

1. nojokews6 macrumors regular

For example the shazam app has the eBay icon.. 50% of my apps are this way. Is this a 3.0 bug or is there a way to fix it?

2. TheNewsPaperBoy macrumors regular

TheNewsPaperBoy

Do you have a 3G or 3GS? My 3GS are that way, but mine also has some other mechanical issues...

3. conshok26 macrumors 6502

conshok26

I believe this is a known bug with the 3.0 software. Should be addressed when 3.0.1 comes out hopefully soon.

4. tivoboy macrumors 68030

correct?

is there a way to correct this? This happened to mine today, after the phone just literally DIED last night. Not battery, but something else, had to do a hard reset on it.

5. conshok26 macrumors 6502

conshok26

the only way i know as of right now is to un sync your apps then re sync.

6. WilliamG macrumors 604

Yep had this happen to me yesterday on my 3GS. A definite 3.0 bug. Had to un-sync and re-sync.

7. That70sGAdawg macrumors 6502

That70sGAdawg

N.Georgia, USA (on the Lake, near the Mountains)
    A complete restore 3 days ago only lasted until today. Now they're all mixed up again on my 10 day old 3GS.
    We need a software fix NOW!!!

8. PhxBlue macrumors regular

PhxBlue

I have this problem too. I uninstall and reinstall the affected apps. It's only a temporary fix though.

9. coolbreeze macrumors 65816

Day two of my 3GS life. Got it yesterday.

My apps are all mixed up as well. Frustrating.

Doing a remove/re-install now.

10. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

This fix has worked for many of us...it seems a bit strange, but it really does work (I used facebook as the app I deleted)...

There is a way to fix this. You have to delete one of the apps that is messing up from your iPhone (preferably a free one that doesn't have any information stored that you don't want to lose). Then go back to the App Store on your iPhone, and redownload the application you just deleted. Once is starts downloading click on the app icon to pause the download process, then turn off your phone only using the slider (not a hard reset). Turn your iPhone back on and finish the download. This should fix the icons for all of the apps. At least it has been working for me

Props to codeunrwolfpack for figuring out this rather strange fix! :D

11. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Another way to do this is to just respring. If you're jailbroken, you can enable a winterboard theme with at least one icon to prevent this.

12. lavinci macrumors 6502

Resync the apps by deleting them off your phone and syncing them again in iTunes.

13. santybm macrumors newbie

icon bug

I put the applications with the wrong icon with the ones that have the correct icon.

Attached Files:

14. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I never had the problem again following this fix

15. sparkles61785 macrumors regular

This worked for me. Thank you so much. :D

16. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I never had this problem until I downloaded Yelp. I noticed on Sunday that Yelp had the Facebook icon and so did Facebook. I tried deleting Yelp and then reinstalling and it still had the Facebook icon. Finally I just deleted Yelp since I really have no use for it.

I also noticed on Sunday for the first time that on another iPhone, two of it's icons were the same on two differant apps. I deleted one and reinstalled it and the icons were ok.