All my contacts are duplicated

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fjs08, Apr 3, 2010.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

What can I do with my new iPhone 3GS so my contacts on my phone aren't duplicated??
    Guy at the Apple store told me to NOT check the boxes under iTunes/Info which I didn't, but the are still duplicated.
    Thanks.
    Frank

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

They're probably duplicated because you have MobileMe.

3. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

>>hey're probably duplicated because you have MobileMe.<<

I do. Is there a work around??
    Thanks.
    Even my calendar items are duplicated.
    Guy at the Apple Store told me NOT to check the items under Info, as I mentioned. Nothing is checked on that page, but I'm still duplicating items.
    Not a big deal, just a bit annoying.
    Frank

4. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Seems like it's making your comment duplicating as well...

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

See this:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=788097&highlight=mobileme+duplicate+contacts

or this:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=727716&highlight=mobileme+duplicate+contacts

Or the loads of other threads on this (search for mobileme duplicate contacts).

6. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok, I got rid of my duplicate Contacts. Now I am working on my duplicate Calendars. When i add an event to my iCal, I have up to 8 or 10 of the same Calendar selections.
    For instance I have 10 Home calendars to choose from.
    Any thoughts on this?
    It's a bit nuts actually.
    I have everything set to sync via Mobile Me too.
    Frank

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

8. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Make sure MobileMe has the correct version with no duplicates. MM is the MASTER copy. The go into iPhone MM accout and turn off calendar and contact sync. It will prompt you that it will remove all of your contacts and calendar items. Now verify both are empty. If not then the items may have come from another source. If you only have MM the you should delete all contacts and calendar items. Then go back and activate calendar and contacts. Very quickly you will have a duplicate of MM.