All my document titles are displayed as {A} instead of letters??!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by spartan-ag87, Mar 26, 2008.

1. spartan-ag87 macrumors newbie

Howdy,
    Recently my computer all of the sudden started to display boxed "A"s instead of letter or numbers for my docuyment and file titles. I didn't change any fotn settings or anything and am rather confused about what happened and need to know how to fix it quick so I can find and access my school project information. If you have any ideas what may be wrong please post!! I posted a screenshot of what it looks like below...

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      238.3 KB
      Views:
  2. kingpikey macrumors member

My first guesses would be use of an unsupported font, deletion of a font being used, or language settings. I've never had this problem, but these would be my first guesses and things to investigate.

3. kingpikey macrumors member

4. spartan-ag87 thread starter macrumors newbie

I cleared the font cache and reinstalled the fonts as well, neither fixed the problem?

5. emacquestion macrumors newbie

Same problem

I am having the same problem with my eMac. Did you ever come up with a solution? Thanks!
    :confused:

6. jodelli macrumors 65816

jodelli

Does it allow you to edit it to change it back when you right click on the icon name?

7. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

8. emacquestion macrumors newbie

When I right click to change it, the correct name shows up in the test box, but when I click out of it it goes back to all [A]. I don't have the computer here at home - it's at work. I have not verified the permissions. Our tech guy at work tried some things - I'm not sure what he tried.