All My Files Icon Location?

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Resist, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

I have Mac OS 10.8.5 and I'm not sure what I was doing but all of a sudden I have an icon on my Desktop for All My Files. Where is this icon supposed to be?

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

It sounds like you accidentally dragged All My Files from the top of the Finder (screenshot below) onto the Desktop. You can just drag it to the trash.

[​IMG]

3. Resist, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014

Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

But it has data in it. Or is that just a duplicate copy?

Also, I tried to duplicate dragging it from the top of finder and it doesn't work.

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

If you select it then do command-i you should see that it is just a saved search. I dragged it straight from the top of Finder to the desktop to test before my earlier post to you and it did create the desktop link.

5. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Weaselboy,

Okay got it to work. The problem was I was not dragging the tiny icon on Finder. I was trying to drag the title.

But I'm concerned about the size of the saved search All My Files icon, it's 1.5mb.

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

That is normal. Just go ahead and delete it. I just did another test and the Desktop link I made was 1.7MB. It looks like it varies in size depending on the saved search results.