All My Files shows nothing

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by theBigD23, Jul 20, 2011.

1. theBigD23 macrumors 6502a

When I go into Finder, I click on "All My Files" and nothing appears. Does anyone else have this issue?

2. OriginalSnoopy macrumors newbie

Yes, I have the same issue on my MacBook Pro. Works fine on my iMac though. No idea what's causing it or how to solve it, any help would be appreciated.

3. theBigD23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry, should have posted. I have it figured out. If you go to Spotlight preferences pane, your main hard drive was properly put in to ignore. Remove it, once index is done, it should work.

4. AfternoonDelete, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011

AfternoonDelete macrumors member

AfternoonDelete

I'm having the same issue, which started right after I happened to check out System Preferences - Spotlight. I didn't touch anything, just opened it, looked around, and closed it. Then when I opened the Finder, nothing shows in All My Files. Everything else shows fine.

Btw, I don't see any "HD" option to check/uncheck in System Prefs - Spotlight.

Edit: Fixed by restarting Mac.

5. slashlos macrumors member

slashlos

Finder Fioble

I just noticed this. Restart the Finder, no need to reboot. You'll then also notice that you can CTRL/Click the All My Files sidebar item and adjust the search criteria...

Anyone know how to properly do this for the various categories or how even to add to them?

I wanted to adjust to just show xcode project files rather than individual files.

6. OldSaltinSouth, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011

OldSaltinSouth macrumors newbie

It is all in the Search

This has been driving me nutz for the last few days.

I clicked on the "Action" button in the toolbar area to reveal "Show Search Criteria".

It turns out that "com.microsoft." kept reappearing in the search criteria box. No idea how this got there. Deleting this seemed to help then problem reappeared.

Finally "Saved" a new search under "All My Files" without any criteria and moved it to top of "Favorites" in sidebar. So far this seems to be working.

7. rodanmusic macrumors newbie

I know this is old, but I am now having this same problem. Except the entry with com.microsoft keeps appearing after I delete them. Did yours just go away the first time you selected it, or is there a search setting I need to set somewhere?