All my IOS devices aren't being recognized in iTunes when plugged in... Help!

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by retry4, May 28, 2011.

1. retry4 macrumors newbie

retry4

Like the title says... If I plug any iPod, iPad or iPhone into my computer, they don't show up in iTunes! I tried restarting my computer, changing cable, restarting the device I was plugging in and all my software is up to date. I'm wondering if it's because I installed a few days ago the iPhone configuration utility application on my computer (because I wanted to try installing iMovie on my iPad original). Please help! Thanks.

2. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

assuming you're on a Mac, try if this support article helps.

another one here.

3. retry4 thread starter macrumors newbie

retry4

Thank you, but will this also work for Mac OS X 10.5 . Thanks again.

4. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

The first solution is specifically for 10.6.x so may not help you. You should first work through the basic troubleshooting steps detailed in the second solution mentioned above by Jolly Giant.

Have you previously been able to use your iPods, etc. on this Mac? If so, it's possibly that the configuration utility you installed is causing an issue. In this case, it's worth simply uninstalling the utility (you have the .dmg, so you can reinstall it at any time, right?)

You'll probably find that the behaviour of your Mac returns to normal after this.

Good luck!

RTP.

5. retry4 thread starter macrumors newbie

retry4