All my Notes have disappeared after upgrading to version 3.1

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thesheep, Sep 21, 2009.

1. thesheep macrumors regular

thesheep

I had a lot of valuable Notes on my iPhone. Was running OS version 2.2 or something (jailbroken and unlocked).

Today I upgraded to version 3.1.

Everything seem to be fine, and iTunes restored the most recent backup of my phone, so I have my settings for different apps carried over, etc.

However, when I went to the Notes app, it was completely blank! What??!

Why would this happen?

2. Bostonaholic macrumors 6502

Bostonaholic

First off, did you know that the jailbroken phones aren't compatible with 3.1? That would have been your first hint not to upgrade (if you wanted to stay JB'd).

3. thesheep thread starter macrumors regular

thesheep

Nope, new version of Pwnage works fine for 3.1 on original iPhone. No problem. See http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

The phone is jailbroken, and unlocked and running 3.1

It is just the Notes that are missing.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

What did you sync your notes to? You should've at one time synced them to Outlook for a PC or Mail on a Mac. If you did, they're still there and you can sync them over. If not, well you know the answer to that.

5. thesheep thread starter macrumors regular

thesheep

No I did not sync them. As I said I was using version 2.2 and syncing of Notes was not supported in that version.

My question is about iPhone backups. iTunes takes backups of the phone and will restore them on demand. This is how we get all our data, settings, application settings, etc over automatically when we upgrade to a new version of the iPhone OS, for example.

My question is, why did all the settings and data carry over OK, EXCEPT for the Notes?

6. peterdevries macrumors 68040

peterdevries

The same happened to me and my phone is NOT jailbroken or anything else like that.