All my passwords in iCloud Keychain have reset to older versions - what do I do?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Snookerman, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Snookerman macrumors 6502

I was going through my saved passwords in Safari to make sure they're all secure and all of a sudden, they all reset back to an older version. This means the ones that have been changed are now the old version (which is weird because that means they were saved somewhere even though I had updated them) and the ones that were new are now completely gone. Why has this happened? What can I do? Right now I'm pretty much logged out of everything. I appreciate your help.

2. Snookerman thread starter macrumors 6502

The passwords I have now are at least a year old. I know this because I had memorised my old password for the MacRumors Forums and changed it using Keychain when the passwords were leaked. Now when I check the password in Safari, I have the old password. This means that Apple has saved all my old passwords even after I changed them and has now reset to them. What is going on?