Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SimonUK5

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 26, 2010
Updated to iOS8, all my photos gone, iCloud told me they were backed up in my iCloud. Nope not there.

Lost two years of photos, not happy at all.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Lol... You kept your two years of photos... On a mobile device... And didnt verify backups?

That sucks, youll do better this time around?

hasanahmad

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2009
Updated to iOS8, all my photos gone, iCloud told me they were backed up in my iCloud. Nope not there.

Lost two years of photos, not happy at all.

2 years of photos..on a cloud drive...with no local backup. you dun goofed

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Check your iCloud settings and see if they are still stored (using space).

Some people have just not realized camera roll isnt there. You need to switch from albums to photos at the bottom of the photo app.

StonewallBrown

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2013
Lol... You kept your two years of photos... On a mobile device... And didnt verify backups?

That sucks, youll do better this time around?

There is no reason to be rude. He has a valid complaint

I did a back up to iTunes, then installed. Once you use iCloud library, you lose the ability to sync photos from iTunes. So I am unable to get my photos onto my phone or pad, and into the cloud.

So, again, he has a valid complaint.

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
I thought the same thing. Go into your Photos App > Then Photo > Collections > Years. Everything will still be there, freaked me out when I first saw it too.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Check your iCloud settings and see if they are still stored (using space).

Some people have just not realized camera roll isnt there. You need to switch from albums to photos at the bottom of the photo app.

Or this, the Photos tab...

Uln4321

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
I had 2,000 photos in camere roll and 1,000 in my photo stream. After upgrading only the 1,000 are still on my device. This is so difficult. Good thing I have them backed up on my computer. And thankfully I don't have luck like my sister where everything except 7 images remained in photo stream after upgrading.

SimonUK5

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 26, 2010
Its just showing 'Downloading' at the bottom of my photos now, But not getting anywhere.

Congratulations on the trolls who are going off on one about keeping Photos in a 'BACKUP SYSTEM'. Well done.

I DO have photos back up spread across multiple hard drive etc, but putting them back together etc would be huge huge hassle, to dive through Hard drives and NAS systems that have a 8th Sample Library on them, as well a terabytes worth of Audio projects.

Damn you iCloud, sync my photos! :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.