All my Photos gone, after iOS8..

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by SimonUK5, Sep 17, 2014.

1. SimonUK5 macrumors 6502

Updated to iOS8, all my photos gone, iCloud told me they were backed up in my iCloud. Nope not there.

Lost two years of photos, not happy at all.

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Lol... You kept your two years of photos... On a mobile device... And didnt verify backups?

That sucks, youll do better this time around?

3. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

2 years of photos..on a cloud drive...with no local backup. you dun goofed

4. cynics macrumors G4

Check your iCloud settings and see if they are still stored (using space).

Some people have just not realized camera roll isnt there. You need to switch from albums to photos at the bottom of the photo app.

5. StonewallBrown macrumors regular

StonewallBrown

There is no reason to be rude. He has a valid complaint

I did a back up to iTunes, then installed. Once you use iCloud library, you lose the ability to sync photos from iTunes. So I am unable to get my photos onto my phone or pad, and into the cloud.

So, again, he has a valid complaint.

6. ant the ninja macrumors regular

ant the ninja

I thought the same thing. Go into your Photos App > Then Photo > Collections > Years. Everything will still be there, freaked me out when I first saw it too.

7. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Or this, the Photos tab...

8. Uln4321 macrumors regular

I had 2,000 photos in camere roll and 1,000 in my photo stream. After upgrading only the 1,000 are still on my device. This is so difficult. Good thing I have them backed up on my computer. And thankfully I don't have luck like my sister where everything except 7 images remained in photo stream after upgrading.

9. StonewallBrown macrumors regular

StonewallBrown

My photos are backed up, and put in iPhoto. They were non on my phone. I now can't get them on to my phone or pad. I understand how the new app works.

10. SimonUK5 thread starter macrumors 6502

Its just showing 'Downloading' at the bottom of my photos now, But not getting anywhere.

Congratulations on the trolls who are going off on one about keeping Photos in a 'BACKUP SYSTEM'. Well done.

I DO have photos back up spread across multiple hard drive etc, but putting them back together etc would be huge huge hassle, to dive through Hard drives and NAS systems that have a 8th Sample Library on them, as well a terabytes worth of Audio projects.

Damn you iCloud, sync my photos! :(