All my songs deleted + cant restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JamesB312, Oct 13, 2007.

1. JamesB312 macrumors newbie

EDIT: Problem solved in this post, have another problem on my next post below!

Hey, so i got my ipod touch yesterday (week 39).
    Basically it was working fine apart from a couple of glitches i got sorted.
    I put it into my USB today, then after i had finished having a look through itunes i hit the eject button as you do, then went to play some music and voila it said i had no music,videos or photos or anything on my ipod.
    So i put it back into my USB to find it says it cant read the ipod and to restore the settings, i try restoring it and it says
    "The ipod could not be restored. An unkown error occured (-18)."

So now i basically cant use it at all apart from looking at empty folders etc, can anyone help me please!

thx

james

2. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

Activating Recovery Mode

Connect the iPod Touch to your computer.

Hold down the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. The iPod Touch will reset. Keep holding the buttons down for 20-25 seconds. Do not release the buttons during the reboot process.

A screen should appear with an icon indicating you should connect your iPod Touch to iTunes. iTunes should open by itself; if it does not, open it.

A dialog box should appear in iTunes saying "iTunes has detected an iPod in recovery mode.You must Restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes." Dismiss the box and on the iPod page click Restore. iTunes will then download the image and restore the iPod Touch to its factory default.

3. JamesB312 thread starter macrumors newbie

You sir, are a genius!

seriously though thanks for that, i thought i had messed it up or something then, working good now!

learn something new everyday as they say!

thx again,

James

4. jacktiernan macrumors regular

Glad you sorted it out. No many how many times you read that you can't brick the ipod by jailbreaking, it's still f***king scary when you hit a snag like that!!!

Good on the above poster for helping him out - to me, THAT is what macrumors is all about!
    :)

5. JamesB312 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    thanks for the above help but i now have another problem, thought id post in here again instead of making a new thread.

Basically this time, its to do with both videos and music ive got on my ipod, i dont know whether its the songs/videos that are doing it or whether its the ipod just freezing but basically on some songs and videos it will play up to a certain point and simply cut the audio off carry on counting through the track for a few seconds then exit the movie/music.

This was happening since i first put media on my ipod yesterday (when i got the ipod), and still did it after i restored my ipod and resync'd all my music to solve my problem in the above posts.

So any ideas on why its doing this or any kind of resolution or does my touch have something wrong with it?

thanks again
    James