All new 2011 mbp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dadycupcakes, May 23, 2011.

1. Dadycupcakes macrumors newbie

Ok, I know that the mbp just recently got an update about 4 months ago, but I was wondering if I should just buy the recently updated one or wait for the all new mbp to come out? will it be coming out this summer possibly?

2. palpatine macrumors 68040

yes.

3. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

There is no public timetable for the new one yet. This is still a great time to buy since the update was just a few months ago. If you want to wait for the all new then you probably have another 9 months or so. Its anyone's guess really.

If you have the money and you want and\or need it now just grab one.

4. XQYZ macrumors newbie

How can you answer an "either or" question with yes?
    It's not at all confirmed that a new MBP will come out this year. In fact, most would assume it to come out in early 2012. However, that being said Lion is coming out this summer and a MPA refresh is also expected pretty soon. So if you want to wait for Lion, then wait if you can, otherwise you should be good to buy now.

5. palpatine, May 23, 2011
    Last edited: May 23, 2011

palpatine macrumors 68040

A snarky answer meant to suggest the question was as vague as any answer we can offer. The more details the OP gives us about their situation, the better we can help them. Otherwise, they might as well be asking if they should buy vanilla ice cream today, or wait until tomorrow to buy chocolate.

6. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

It wasn't his question.

7. palpatine macrumors 68040

Whoops!
    I'll edit that :)

8. gpat macrumors 6502a

The next update is coming in 2012, together with Ivy Bridge and the infamous redesign. Before that you could get a new BTO or two, but nothing to switch your computer for.

9. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

These are rumors. Now, they might be true or they might not be.

Personally, I don't like to live my life based on rumors.

10. gpat macrumors 6502a

You may be uncertain about the redesign, but MacBooks will have Ivy Bridge on 2012 and won't be able to get anything but minor speedbumps and BTOs till then, and you can take these as facts.

11. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

Perfect :)

12. bigjobby macrumors 65816

If you look at the MBP buyer's guide, chances of a summer refresh looks pretty slim if you follow the averages.

13. macagain macrumors regular

I think the OP also asked, "will it be coming out this summer possibly?"

So, palpatine is spot on... yes, it is possible.

It was also possible that the rapture did happen last week... but I guess it didn't, so we might to wait till 2012... which is a good thing, cos there's a rumor that there might be a new macbook pro design around then, liquid metal, firebreathing dragon, and ..... drumroll please... a fix for the year 2012 bug, but only if you install the mayan language pack!

14. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

Apple often do a quiet, sneeky speed bump mid year, but I'd not expect anything radical until next year now.

15. HBOC macrumors 68020

More than likely they will get a spec bump possibly by November, but nothing probably worth waiting for to be honest. If you are going to wait and can, wait until next spring.