all of a sudden i want an ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kolture, Jul 6, 2010.

1. kolture macrumors newbie

so all of a sudden i want an ipad..i told my gf about this and she responded by saying that i shouldnt get one because i already have the iphone4 and a mbp..Now, im a apple fanboy so adding an ipad to my collection would be nice..but i dont see the use of it if i already have the iphone and mbp.but i really want one..do any of you have all three? and what do you use them for?ANd is it worth it?

2. Angryipadguy macrumors regular

Do people really buy apple products just because they are apple products and for no other reason? I thought a fanboy was just a myth but clearly not. No wonder so many people in the US are in debt upto their eyeballs lol. Get it because it serves a purpose and for no other reason. Don't waste your money and buy it just because apple make it. It really ain't as great as apple made it out to be. It's a very gimped product and the only real use for me is showing customers my portfolio and to browse the net.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

are you sure you don't want to get one simply because you were told that you didn't need one and now you're looking for a reason/excuse to get it?

4. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

If you can afford it, go for it! I'm loving mine!
    Its your money, spend it how you like!
    Its no different than someone spending $500 on rims or something.

5. pondie84 macrumors 6502a

You shouldn't let strangers on an internet forum influence your purchasing decisions. If you have a specific question about what the iPad can and cannot do that might be a different story.

6. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Tell your g/f that you need an ipad because you want put her pictures in Ipad and carry around all day.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

he can do that with both an iPhone and MBP

8. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Then, just screw G/f. If you have an ipad, you probably won't have much time for her anyway.

9. fruitytotheloom macrumors newbie

No other answer.

I got my iPad a week ago, I am also writing this on it. It may not be nesscary but boy it is fun. I use it for everything. It can do so many things, read books, games,movies,tv shows, music,reports,web browsing, YouTube,email,photos. I hope this persuades you. The picture quality is amazing.:cool:

10. whitenoise macrumors regular

Hmmm, you could tell her that you need it to take your mind off that 27" imac you've been thinking about getting...:D

11. AbbieNormal macrumors newbie

My experience so far with all three:

I have an early 2008 15" MBP, a 16 GB iPhone 3GS, and a 64 GB 3G iPad. I also have 1G Amazon Kindle. Since picking up the iPad, I find my usage breaking down like this:

- MBP for live music torrents, music conversion; Handbrake; I also research and write papers on the MBP, mostly history and academic writing for work. It is now anchored to my desk at home.

- iPad has become my primary media content viewer and Internet browser. I do most of my email on the iPad. I take it to work every day for email and web use at work due to my employer's draconian IT policies. It's also my ebook reader using the Kindle app. I write down notes and ideas using Pages and then port them over to the MBP for heavy lifting in writing. When I travel, I load it up with videos for the kids and leave the MBP behind.

- iPhone goes in the car for music and phone/texting and to the gym for workout music.

- The Kindle...come to think of it, I don't know where the Kindle is.

After using the iPad and the iPhone for two months, I find I prefer the iPad's form and function over the iPhone for many things, but the iPad is by no means the irreplaceable element of my Apple trinity.

Buy the iPad because you want to use the iPad and you think you would enjoy it.

12. Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

Although I never thought i would, I now suddenly feel a need for the iPad. My spouse is completely computer unsavy, where even moving a mouse is a coordination chore. Yet she feels completely left behind technologically, and useless in not being able to access information from the internet.

The iPad is the perfect solution... no mouse! And with it's ease of use, it really conforms to the user, rather than the user having to conform to the computer. As a bonus, I see it as a portable way to access the web from anywhere in the house (for both of us)... read books, magazines, write email while holding it in one's lap from the easy chair. No requirement to stiffly sit at the desk in front of a keyboard and a display... what an anachronism. To me, this is the future of computing and information access. Well worth the money.

13. pound4pound30 macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

I have the iPhone 4, 27" iMac, and iPad and they all get their fair share of use for different things.

If you have the money go for it.

14. JPizzzle macrumors 6502

I have an iPad, late 08 unibody mbp, and a iPhone 3GS (plan on buying white iPhone 4 upon release). If you desire to have a net book, then the ipad is a great solution IMO. I would not use it for heavy word processing or specialized tasks like heavy photo editing.

15. japasneezemonk macrumors 6502

japasneezemonk

If you can afford it, get it. Who cares what other people say. I've seen guys spend thousands on expensive speakers, some on bespoke shoes and suits, others on cars and watches. It all depends on you. It's your money, spend it or invest it as you'd like. There will always be others judging you or claiming to know better than you. Don't pay much attention to them. Just live your life as you want to.

16. Angryipadguy macrumors regular

And that's why everyone in the US is in debt upto their eye balls. Just go out and buy everything you want. You will be able to finance it no problem.

17. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

What a well thought out ignorant response... Seriously, move on, not everyone is in debt "up to their eye balls", only the people who don't know how to manage their finances. Grow up

ps. sorry everyone for feeding the troll