All of a sudden my computer is not registered in MM Panel

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by TB07-NJ, Aug 22, 2010.

1. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Edit: This seems to be an Apple issue: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2553248&tstart=0

Started about 48hrs ago. My mobileme wasn't syncing with my iPhone 4 so I opened the MM control panel (Windows 7) and I see the computer is no longer registered.

I logged out/in didn't help.
    I created a new MM "trial account" same problem.
    I Uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes.
    I Uninstalled and reinstalled mobileme control panel app.
    If I click the "Sync with mobileme button I get a message saying the computer is not registered.

I AM able to access MM via the web. I can get to iDisk. I just can no longer sync my PC (Outlook 2007) to MobileMe.

This item resolved: Another thing that happened at the same time <coincidence?> was I no longer get the "photo" folder pop opened when I drop my iPhone in the cradle so I can access photos on the iPhone through windows.

Nothing has helped. I suddenly no longer have a "registered" computer and the option to register is grayed out.

Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I think it get's registered when you do the Sync within MobileMe Control Panel. You may have to go to Advanced and tell it to Replace either what is on your Computer or what is in MobileMe. Of course be very careful with this step. A backup of your data is a good idea. Also, are you Syncing with Outlook or something else? You have to pick the application on your Windows Machine you are Syncing with.

3. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020

Tried it all ... none of that works. It's been working fine for over a year. Stopped 48hrs ago. I "chatted" with Apple MM support. They claim it is a known issue for PC users. Somehow I doubt it. Syncing with Outlook 2007.

4. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

On the Picture upload problem. That actually happened to me today. Not sure it is related to MobileMe since I actually do the MobileMe Control Panel Sync on my work computer (for Outlook) and do the iTunes stuff on my home computer (even thought MMCP is installed on home computer. I don't take a lot of pictures so I am not sure when this started.

5. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

You may want to contact MM Support (live chat). Maybe they can help. I have never had this problem so sure how to determine what is going on.

6. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020

I did ..... they were no help. They said the "register" problem is a known issue for PC's and they are working on it. I think I am getting a snow job.

[FONT=&quot]Ken S.:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] I just confirmed this is a result of a temporary issue with the MobileMe service. Apple is working to identify the issue and expects to resolve it shortly. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. The MobileMe System Status will be updated once this is resolved. For your convenience, the MobileMe System Status is always available on these pages:[/FONT]
    http://www.me.com
    [FONT=&quot]http://www.apple.com/support/mobileme/ww
    Me: It's been for 2 days?
    Ken S.: Yes, our engineers are working on getting this resolved for you but we needed to understand the issue before we proceeded.
    Me: Hmmm, OK. Thanks.
    Ken S.: MobileMe Sync Services are currently unavailable. This is a result of a temporary issue with the MobileMe service. Apple is working to identify the issue and expects to resolve it shortly. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

The MobileMe System Status will be updated once this is resolved. For your convenience, the MobileMe System Status is always available here.
    Me: Website says "services have been restored" ....
    Me: # 8/22/2010, 08:35-09:24 PT # Some MobileMe members may have been unable to sign in to the MobileMe Preferences Control Panel on Windows. Normal service has been restored. We apologize for any inconvenience.
    Ken S.: I just saw that myself. They may not have updated it as of yet.
    Me: I CAN sign in. Just that my PC will not register,
    Me: not sure if that is the same issue.
    Ken S.: You are not the only customer who has this issue. Many of our windows users are experiencing the exact same issue.
    Me: OK .... guess I'll have to wait a while. Thanks.
    Ken S.: No worries. We are looking into it as we speak and hopefully it will be resolved soon/
    Me: ok
    Ken S.: Is there anything else I can do for you?
    Me: guess not.[/FONT]

7. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020

I figured out the missing pictures folder. I added a card reader and the drives it created screwed up the iPhone pictures folder that pops up when I connect the iPhone. I disconnected the reader (removed all the drive letters for the reader - there were 6) and the iphone worked. I then plugged the reader back in with the iPhone still connected and it properly recognized the iPhone. Now it works every time.

Meanwhile, MM is still screwed up.

8. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I just went into the MobileMe Control Panel and I have the same problem. All is grayed out. I wish I could tell you how long it has been this way but I am trying to move away from Outlook and have not looked in the past week or so.

9. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020

Interesting. It's been 3 days for me. Thanks.

10. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I just looked at my Mac Advanced Settings and it shows both my Mac and my Windows PC as Registered Computers. However, it show that the Windows Machine last Synced on 8/13. Since I did a Manual Sync with my Mac it shows just Synced at current time. I have both setup to Sync Every Hour.

11. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020