All of my registered devices have disappeared.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GordonGekko999, Oct 21, 2016.

1. GordonGekko999 macrumors regular

Apple changed their support profile id page to this: https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=home&PRKEYS=

And now it is stating I have no registered devices and it can't look up any old repair cases or my devices. Does anyone know the reason why and if there is a solution to this?

2. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

When I login on that page I only see my computers. My MacBooks and Mac Mini. No iPhones or iPads.
    But on that same page is a message saying that if you don't see all your devices click on the link to login to your Apple ID and that page does have ALL of my devices.

3. GordonGekko999 thread starter macrumors regular

That link used to have a list of my registered devices but it is gone at that link as well and it is only offering you a way to register devices by logging into your Icloud with that device. I don't use Icloud and even if I did how can you register an Ipod Classic when it can't sign in to anything. I realize it probably does not even matter anymore to have a device registered but it does help if you need to contact support about your product.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 21, 2016 ---
    According to Apple Chat support there is no longer a way to register Classics and Nanos and any older Ipod Touches that are not on IOS 8 or above and you can't register a current Macbook Pro unless you sign into Icloud.

4. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Yep it used to be serial number based. Now it's based on Apple ID which is confusing because my wife's phone is showing up under my profile even though she has her own Apple ID. She uses her ID for iCloud but my ID for iTunes so I guess the iTunes one is taking priority.

5. GordonGekko999 thread starter macrumors regular

And Apple chat support won't escalate this because it is working as it is intended and they know this because the website help page is telling them this even though it offers no guidance in relation to Ipod Classics or Nanos.

6. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

The only plus side I see is that it's easier for transferring devices. I bought a used iPhone and even though the seller signed it out of their iCloud account I still couldn't register it to my profile because they never deregistered its serial number from their profile.
    Now it seems that as long as you can sign into your ID on any device Apple considers it yours regardless of any past registrations.