All of sudden I get black screen, Not valid windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by lukester, Sep 13, 2014.

1. lukester macrumors 6502

I have had this copy of Windows 7 for a few years and now I get an error message saying its not a valid copy of windows. I did buy a new product key for it about 6 months ago and its been working fine. I don't know why now its not valid.
    I tried activating and putting in the product key and they say its not valid.
    What should I do?
    I am sick of this nonsense.
    Do I need to buy another version of windows? Not sure I want windows 8 or not.

since I have boot camp I need to buy the full version. Do you need to do a fresh install of can you upgrade over what I got?
    I never have problems with my Mac, just the windows side.. I need it for a few programs I run.

2. lukester thread starter macrumors 6502

so sick of windows..

What program should I buy for windows and do another clean install I guess.
    Wndows 7 or 8? which one,, I have windows 7 pro 64 bit now.

3. lukester thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey people.

any thoughts why all of a sudden I am getting this error message that my product key is no good after at least 6 months?

so sick of microsoft.

4. lukester thread starter macrumors 6502

If I do have a boot leg copy of windows or my product is no good for whatever reason, what version of windows 7 do i need to buy. an OEM version and another clean install or a upgrade windows 7 pro like I have?

5. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

1) Stop bumping your thread every couple hours. It's poor etiquette and a borderline forum rule violation. Edit a prior post if you wish to add more information.

2) Purchasing product keys by themselves is not a legitimate way to license Windows unless you did so directly from Microsoft. Websites that sell only product keys (often on the cheap) are just taking those that they obtain through the MSDN, in violation of the terms of those accounts. That's why your installations are getting blacklisted. It might take weeks or months, but MS will eventually find out and confiscate the key you obtained illegitimately.

3) A proper OEM license for Windows 7 will work just fine for Boot Camp, and you can purchase one from Amazon.