All of your 2012 refresh questions answered

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ano0oj, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ano0oj macrumors 6502

Being on the board for a few years, I hate seeing an increase in the same new threads with very simple questions.

FIRST, there is a search feature people. Search what you're looking for with a few basic words and chances are you'll find a very relevant thread.

2012 REFRESH
    ----------------------------
    Looks like they will be releasing a thin version of the MBPs, 13" and 15"
    Again, Apple isn't going to make a computer that is less powerful than the one before it, so despite it being thinner, you can bet it will be a powerhouse.

Discontinued 17"? Who knows, everything is a rumor at this point, so please do not rely on anything you've read until Apple actually refreshes their MBP line.

History shows that most refreshes are done around this time, and rumors of a newly designed MBP have been circulating for the past 2 years. I believe this to be true as Apple will need to constantly change things now to keep their revenues high. Current MBPs have had the same look for 4+ years now, you can bet Apple is looking for something new.

SHOULD YOU WAIT?
    ---------------------------
    Seems like a lot of the people who are in the market for a new laptop are those going to college. Again, I would assess my needs in college and truly think about this question.
    Most colleges don't start until August, so it seems like you can wait.
    In this case, I definitely would unless you absolutely have to have it. In most cases I've seen on the boards you can wait a few weeks and have all your questions answered.

Honestly, you will feel really dumb if you buy the current MBP and have the refresh come out less than a month later.

----------

Ask any questions and I'll try to answer them to the best of my knowledge and add relevant information to the first 2 posts

2. roofz macrumors regular

3. macbook pro i5 macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

4. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

Great post. It just looks nice having all of the different rumors organized and in one place. Unfortunately the people who keep making new threads are unlikely to bother reading this, but I like the idea. Now if only people would use the SSD buying guide.

5. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

I think we all can agree that probably only 10% of macrumors vistiors actually search for similar threads before posting their own, and maybe 15% see the stickies? lol

Maybe if we added it in flashing yellow it would help.

6. kiantech macrumors regular

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

The sticky has been there for some time, but It won't prevent further posts on the subject. As stated, the SERACH function is the key, but many don't use it. Awaits many pointless down votes which as usual I will ignore....:)

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.