Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scott-n-Houston

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 27, 2008
Houston (duh)
How do I stop this?
Both mine and my wife's phone ring when someone call us at home and we're on wi-fi.

We're sharing an Apple ID because we need the shared storage space in the cloud. If we each had our own ID, we'd have to pay for 2 plans and I'd prefer not to.

When someone calls her it rings my phone and my Apple Watch.

I cannot find where to turn this 'sharing' off or whatever it's doing. Sorry if this is supposed to be easy, but I'm a bit stumped right now.

Donoban

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2013
How do I stop this?
Both mine and my wife's phone ring when someone call us at home and we're on wi-fi.

We're sharing an Apple ID because we need the shared storage space in the cloud. If we each had our own ID, we'd have to pay for 2 plans and I'd prefer not to.

When someone calls her it rings my phone and my Apple Watch.

I cannot find where to turn this 'sharing' off or whatever it's doing. Sorry if this is supposed to be easy, but I'm a bit stumped right now.

Well Scott in Houston, sounds like you're up shiet creek. Lolz.

A quick google returned the following, just saying brah.

"
Yes, the switch is in Settings, FaceTime to enable/disable iPhone cellular call Continuity. You can turn Handoff back on if you'd like to keep those functions active as they don't have anything to do with the calls feature.
"

Scott-n-Houston

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 27, 2008
Houston (duh)
Well Scott in Houston, sounds like you're up shiet creek. Lolz.

A quick google returned the following, just saying brah.

"
Yes, the switch is in Settings, FaceTime to enable/disable iPhone cellular call Continuity. You can turn Handoff back on if you'd like to keep those functions active as they don't have anything to do with the calls feature.
"

LOL. I didn't search Google (like an idiot) I only searched this board. I also didn't know to look for call continuity...
Thanks for the tip. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.