All partitions disappeared..

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by yk052052, Oct 8, 2015.

1. yk052052, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015

yk052052 macrumors newbie

Previously I've had three partitions. MAC OSX + BOOT CAMP + Shared Partition(FAT32)

For upgrade to EL CAPITAN, I used bootable USB. Using disk utility I erased MAC OSX for clean installation and proceeded installation.

But I got an error massage saying "OS X could not be installed on your computer. This partition map modification would make a windows partition unbootable".

Untill this moment, I could see bootcamp in boot mode selection when I tried . For solve the problem above, I tried to resize MAC OSX partition. (MAC OSX partition was 250GB and resized it to 249GB) and I found 1 more partition created with 1GB. I reuninified them as original size 250GB.

I tried to reboot the MAC and since I couldn't find any bootable disk except USB disk and I'm getting same error massage when I tried to install OSX.

Where do I have to start and what do I have to do.

I just typed 'diskutil list' in the terminal that was run during installation from bootable USB and it gives me followings.

IMG_4666.JPG

And also I tried followings for help.

sudo gpt -vv -r show /dev/disk0
    sudo fdisk /dev/disk0

IMG_4681.JPG

Please give me any say

2. ghislain macrumors member

If you can, make winclone images of your Bootcamp and of your shared partitions. Then create a single guid partition to install El Capitan. When El Capitan is installed, use bootcamp assistant to re-create a bootcamp partition of the same size as your previous bootcamp partition. Re-install windows on this partition and forget windows activation since you will restaure your winclone image on this partition. Finally, on the mac side, use the software " ipartition" to reduce the size of your El Capitan partition to its original size and thus create a new fat32 shared partition on the free space that you just created. Finally, don't forget to run repair disk with disk utility on the mac side and verify your bootcamp partition on the windows side...Very simple isn't it?