all pbs shiping 1 day

themacman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
kc
All the pbs have been changed to 1 shiping? hopefully dc pbs tomrow! you never know

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
dual core is VERY unlikely.

3-5 buiz days almost guarntees an update... not 1..

move on folks, nothing to see here...

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Washington, DC
themacman said:
All the pbs have been changed to 1 shiping? hopefully dc pbs tomrow! you never know
There will be no dual-core PowerBooks until the Intel switch. Get over it. And if there is an autumn update on the PowerBooks, it'll be in September at the Paris Expo or shortly thereafter.

mpopkin

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2003
Chapel Hill, NC
is this the education channel..sorry, but pbs ships in one day. there will be no powerpc dual core updates, that is a given, put it to rest, and one day just means that they are selling a tad bit faster than apple can supply them,

Superhob

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2004
1 day shipping is also showing on mac minis, emacs, imacs, and powermacs. As others have said there's nothing to see here....move along......

Xephian

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
United States
Why is Apple changing the ship dates so often? All of this started towards the end of July. The Power Mac Dual 2.7 has been and stayed the longest est. ship date of them all.

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
Xephian said:
Why is Apple changing the ship dates so often? All of this started towards the end of July. The Power Mac Dual 2.7 has been and stayed the longest est. ship date of them all.

I think it shows how they are keeping up with demand.

*shrug* meh

sw1tcher

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
katie ta achoo said:
I think it shows how they are keeping up with demand.

*shrug* meh
I see it as Apple's not building/ordering that many machines because they think there might be a slow down in sales right before the switch to Intel. They don't want to be stuck with a bunch of old PPC machines. That's why there's a 1 day delay in ship times.

But I'm sure the back to school buyers are also affecting shipping times too.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Xephian said:
Because they want to start providing accurate, up to the minute information?

I see it as Apple's not building/ordering that many machines because they think there might be a slow down in sales right before the switch to Intel. They don't want to be stuck with a bunch of old PPC machines. That's why there's a 1 day delay in ship times.
If they're not building as many machines because they expect a slowdown in sales right before a switch to Intel, then the delay would be longer than 1 day because they would want to have as little excess inventory as possible when expecting a dip in sales. THey would try to build a machine for everybody who orders, and no excess in their stock.

So from what you're saying, the opposite would be true. That IS clear, no?

diego2k7

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2005
I ordered my PB G4 1.67 BTO yesterday and they showed 1-3 bussiness days before shipping, but to my surprise it has already shipped this morning... i'm proud to see my money hard at work lol :rolleyes: unless of course they update them today...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.