All photos album out of chronological order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chestvrg, Oct 15, 2017.

1. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

On iOS 11.1 When I look up a picture on the all photos camera album roll all my 5,000+ pictures show out of order. Ironically when I click on the photos tab they appear in order.

The problem is the following when using WhatsApp for example and I want to and multiple photos, when I click on the + button on WhatsApp it invokes photo albums where I expect pictures to be saved in chronological date order as the most recent would show at the bottom. This is not the case.

I use iCloud photos and sync them through my PC, via the iCloud app and iCloud Photo Library is checked. Is anyone else experiencing this?

2. Resist macrumors 68030

I just updated to iOS 11.2.6 and now my photos Albums are all out of order too!

3. zorinlynx macrumors 603

zorinlynx

"All Photos" shows photos in import order, so if you imported photos recently they will appear at the end of the list there, but will be in the appropriation location in the Photos tab.

4. bradbomb macrumors 6502

bradbomb

Are you talking about within the Camera Roll? I had a similar problem where my camera roll when completely out of order. Here is the thread I started back in 2017 regarding this

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/camera-roll-bug-resurfaces.2073866/

Please note, do not follow Mr Brightside's advice in the thread, it never worked and he kept on posting it in many places as a fix. My best fix was using duplicate to manually reorganize.

5. chestvrg thread starter macrumors 65816

chestvrg

6. chestvrg thread starter macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Thank you so much, I will go over that thread. I would not be able to duplicate so many photos I have it’s just too many.

7. bradbomb macrumors 6502

bradbomb

I had to duplicate about 6000 photos to fix mine.

8. chestvrg thread starter macrumors 65816

chestvrg

OMG

9. bradbomb macrumors 6502

bradbomb

See my issue was that basically it moved all my photos from 2008 until Sept 2014 after my latest photo before the glitch and the camera roll started with new pictures from sept 2014-current. I would use the select tool to select hundreds of photos at a time and hit duplicate

10. chestvrg, May 27, 2018
    Last edited: May 27, 2018

chestvrg thread starter macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Are you sure once I hit duplicate it’ll save that picture with original date “chronologically” taken? I would have to duplicate some 18,249 pictures so far...I still have another 5,000 I have not added for iCloud Photo Library to synchronize from my PC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]