"All Photos" tab in photos

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cfs, Mar 17, 2018.

1. cfs macrumors 6502a

Hey there,

I can't find any information on this but did photos change or did I do something wrong? I am running OS10.13.3.

There used to be a tab titled "all photos" and I could navigate years and photos by using the arrow that was next to the resizing bar.

Did this change?

Thanks in advance.

2. mikzn macrumors 6502a

mikzn

should be there - under albums - maybe it is hidden?

Also check in the view menu - albums

If the sidebar is hidden - change in view < show sidebar then in the sidebar click albums "show"

3. cfs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. However it looks like "imported" replaced "All photos". See left panel.

Attached Files:

4. mikzn, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018

mikzn macrumors 6502a

mikzn

yeah that looks much different - I am using 10.12.6 (Photos 2.0), this might be a high sierra version - update?

I don't see the "collections" option on my version.

I will log into my high sierra drive and compare - will post after I do that.

Edit High Sierra - Looks like Photos 3.0 update - have the same on HS

Collections shows all photos by date and location etc - similar to all photos?

5. cfs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for then confirmation. I’m sure I’ll get used to it, but I liked the back button that used to exist on the top left of screen near the side that decreases and increase photo size instead of these 4 tabs at top.

6. mikzn macrumors 6502a

mikzn

Looks like most features are still there - just moved areound - like collections contains the all photos and media type contains videos and other side bar items etc.

the back button is still there when you double click an image to zoom - it then shows up in the same place as an easy way to go back - but double clicking does that too.

Like you mention - have to get used to the new format.

BTW & FWIW - I still use iPhoto for some of my old libraries - it still works on High Sierra - as long as you don't upgrade the library to Photos 2.0 or Photos 3.0

7. cfs thread starter macrumors 6502a