All right, this is probably the last straw

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mike2128, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Mike2128 macrumors 6502

I have had a miserable last couple of days with this thing. It's the most unstable problematic phone I've ever touched. Three times today it's frozen up, I reset it and then it hangs at the boot screen. This goes on for roughly 20 minutes before it might come back on, or I could just try rebooting again. I'm dropping calls left and right and 3g reception goes from no bars to full bars by moving, literally, 6 inches in my room. I love the phone when it works, but it has not worked a whole heck of a lot. Such a shame.

2. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Your dedication and contribution is remarkable. If I could give out awards I would definitely hand one over to you. :rolleyes:

OP: It sounds like you do have a defective unit. Have you attempt an exchange? If not, I would start there.

4. DreamPod macrumors 65816

Try Restoring it. That fixes most problems, and other people aren't encountering the issues you are talking about.

5. Mike2128 thread starter macrumors 6502

Or go back to my 1st iPhone, which was a complete 180 in stability? Keep up the good work, smartass. I think that's what's so disappointing about this to me. I had a 1st gen iPhone since launch and it was an amazing user experience for me, while this one has been so poor. There needs to be a firmware update and quick. Just frustrated.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Somehow you are mildly amusing to me because you brilliantly defend yourself. ;)

I agree there are issues with the new phone, but trust me, there are issues with the 2.0 update on the 1g phone. It is widely publicized here so I will not bore you, but there are some issues to be fixed.

I would certainly return it for a new one and slap the brat that recommended the razr.

7. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

Why don't you wait it out you only had the phone for 5 days so far.

Wow I thought you avatar was a coffin.