All songs deleted!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by RichMacca, Sep 15, 2008.

1. RichMacca macrumors member

After updating itunes and the firmware on my iphone, the next time i used itunes all my songs have been deleted and it picks my iphone up as a new device! Having a absolute nightmare with it, any know of anyway to get my music back on itunes? and get my iphone and mac working together again?

thanks!

2. craigverse macrumors 6502

craigverse

Check the folder where your music is saved to see if it is still in there. If it is just readd it I suppose. If it's not... well... that would not be good.

I'd suggest getting off the mac booting it up in target disk mode and using another mac to try and recover the lost music files.

3. RichMacca thread starter macrumors member

its still on the harddrive because i can tell by the amount of space i have left, other than that i cant find it anywhere! Has this happened before and is a known problem?

Think its sorted, not sure how it happened but it seems that the itunes music folder moved and ended up in the middle of a different folder when the new itunes was installed, all music seems to be copying back into itunes at the moment, but think il have to delete and start again on the iphone. Thanks for your help.