All songs in a Genre DISAPPEARED!!!

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by swandy, Feb 2, 2016.

1. swandy macrumors regular

This will probably sound strange (and I am pretty sure that I am familiar enough with El Capitan and iTunes not to have "accidentally" deleted the songs, but yesterday when I opened iTunes I noticed that all the songs in my library that had the Genre set to Blues WERE MISSING!! What was even stranger is that the actual files on my external hard drive had also been deleted. (Luckily I had just made a backup of my external drive the day before and was able to copy the files back from there.)

I have read - as have we all - of the "issues" with iCloud Music Library and Apple Music, but I don't know if some "glitch" in the system caused this or not. (And yes, any Blues songs that had been synced via iCloud Music Library's download service were also removed from both my iPhone 6 and iPad Mini 2.)

Any suggestions? Anyone see this before? I know I have seen cases where individual songs and/or albums will suddenly not play through Apple Music, but never had this happen before.

2. dotnet macrumors 6502a

dotnet

iTunes drives the Blues away. Another hidden feature?